• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sighting Along Ventura Blvd.

Slavs

When I think of "Sighting" the first thing that comes to mind is Bigfoot. However, this sighting occurred along  Ventura Blvd. & Reseda Blvd. at about 5:30PM on 11/19/22. But, it wasn't Bigfoot heading northbound in the left lane. It was a late sixties 2000NK, beige and in excellent condition. I just pulled out my 67 1600-2 after couple months of hibernation. And, I was heading in the opposite direction when I saw the NK in retro form with Euro rectangular lights. I don't know if he saw me, but I spotted him in pretty heavy traffic.

LA is a big place, but you can't hide from prying eyes. And, I think I know where this car came from. It must be the newly purchased 67 2000NK from Sacramento. It was sold on BAT at a bargain price. All the car needed were some new boots at the rear old school half shafts. And, I saw the car being worked on at a local BMW shop last month.

As far as the "Big Foot Lodge" pictured below. It's an old land mark on Los Feliz Blvd. in Atwater where you can get good beer, listen to edgy post-punk music and imagine you're in a Redwood forest near Eureka , CA, anticipating to see Bigfoot.

1967_bmw_2000-neue-klasse-4-door-sedan_r
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a 1967 BMW 2000 Neue Klasse Sedan 4-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #84,460.

105037692_3197186003701178_3428214981169269962_n.jpg

1016090_475074985912307_780473677_n.png

Ventura Blvd..jpg

Edited by Alexei
  • Like 3

I've been to the "Bigfoot Lodge" one too many times, I guess.

I believe in "Bigfoot" though. I've been out there in the woods, alone in heavy snow on skis. And, every noise sets me on edge.

But, big "Bumper" ? Those things are functional, but they are so unsightly.

What's going on these days ?

Who are these incognito urban guerillas driving around in NK cars ? Is this the new direction of the hobby ? There are so few out there. So, they must be classified as a rare "Sighting". I think the chances of seeing "Bigfoot" are better.

Edited by Alexei

On 11/19/2022 at 8:52 PM, Alexei said:

But, it wasn't Bigfoot heading northbound in the left lane. It was a late sixties 2000NK, beige and in excellent condition.

I've never seen a Bigfoot during all my years driving around the PNW and I haven't seen another NK (besides mine) on the road either.

But I'm fairly certain both exist.

EDIT: Similar to a "blobsquatch" photo, I once saw a 2000 so covered by blackberry bushes it was near unidentifiable. 

Edited by kiva667

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

1967 2000 #1326213 / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

Wow ! That's a thorough seal and old school steel jacket bushing replacement/ Those bushings are not that easy to locate. BMW's replacement Bushings don't have a steel sleeve, and they are too small in diameter. They don't work. That's what has happened to their quality control. They just outsource and don't even bother checking the parts. These bushings are also used on the early 1600-2s and possibly the 68 2002.  As far as leaky diffs, as long as you check the oil level, they'll keep going, and the extra grime is rust proofing.

Carl,

I'll stop in and have a beer with you.

- A

8 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

WOW !!  With much red-faced embarrassment, I must confess that the '74tii and I have zoomed past The Bigfoot Lodge a bazillion times since late 1974 and have never once stopped in !!  Such must be remedied.

Cheers,

Carl

Carl,

I'll stop in with my 02 and have a beer with you.

-A