• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repa rear seat belt bolt size

Hello everyone.

Recently I bought a complete set for rear Repa lap belts but they didn´t came with the bolts.

I don´t know if the size or thread are different on the latch side or the buckle side, so i marked them with different colors on the picture that i found on the forum.

I just want to know what bolt should i buy to same me the trouble of testing different ones till i find the correct one.

Thank you for any help.

IMG_7001.jpg.4d2b4cbc42b7f3f5b4bdf8f6816accbb.jpg

Bmw 1502 1977 "Korall"

7/16“ is standard seat belt bolt size. The bolts that secure the belts in the middle are 25mm long shoulder bolt (see pic).  Not sure the length on the ones holding the retractors, but they are about the same length, standard bolt, not shoulder bolts. 

Screenshot_20221022_155028.jpg

Edited by bergie33
  • Like 1

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

Yup as Karl said 7/16 the thread is unf 20 per inch. If you need to you can use a small spacer cut from steel tubing to replicate the shoulder bolt.

Edited by Son of Marty

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

It shoulder needs to be deep enough to allow the seatbelt mounting and the 2 washers that let the belt swivel up and down so something like 3/8th of a inch.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

36 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

I don't have a measurement on the washers but they are not real thick

Nothing special about the washers.  The "standard thickness" flat washer for a 7/16" bolt will work just fine.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite