• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classiccarsests.com vs Classictouringseats.com

mike472

I was wondering what experiences anyone has had with these two companies as far as quality, delivery and looks. Price is important too but I’ll put the others first. CTR has a seat called the LeMansR that the owner Roger told me many 02 owners opt for. Both have very attractive seats and capture the period correct look for our cars. I’m giving my Inca car the full treatment on this resto and figured a new set of seats would be a great thing to add to it. I have a set of Scheel 501’s in my other car but truthfully they don’t look like they belong in a way. Too big. I think they went better in an E9 coupe. I may sell them and get a proper set of seats in their place if whoever I get these from delivers a quality set of seats. The photos below are from  CTS and last one is the Blue Scheel seats from my other car. Just below is an Inca car with their more aggressive seat. CCR has a model which looks really nice and both have a wide choice of finishes and cloth, vinyl or leather. Makes it even harder. Vinyl is probably the correct choice for our cars and they have a beautiful vinyl/basket weave combo that really looks nice. They can even use your original headrest for a  more original look. 

604C5DE8-BF00-4F96-9A75-F75FA799BF6D.jpeg

5B11CE14-C0DD-45B8-9EEB-18BDC5D58D4A.jpeg

539D0915-70A4-4C87-B137-6EEB06A36645.jpeg

05DC0365-47BD-4DF8-9D75-6166AFF30D90.jpeg

CA8E2078-1E83-4044-8286-1571EA1F26CB.jpeg

Edited by mike472

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

• mike472 changed the title to Classiccarsests.com vs Classictouringseats.com

By Classic Car Seats, I assume you are talking about GTS Classics.  I have had their Sport S seats in my car for 5 or 6 years.  They are very comfortable, well made, and look period correct.  Stefan (owner) will use whatever materials you can find, and he can get some pretty cool materials if you request them.  He is great to work with.

I think he has been having a very hard time with suppliers because of Covid, so I imagine the wait time is even longer than normal. I've been trying to get a tilting bracket for one of my seats for over a year, but he has not been able to find a new fabricator for them yet.  Here are my seats in the car.  

P7130080.JPG

• Like 2

1971 2002ti

Looking at it practically, are you willing to climb over the super high bolsters on the top seats, you'll wear that part out first and really do you need that much side support just to drive? The other seats look about right imo, Scheels are top quality and have parts and support avalible if needed. Your choise just my 2 cents worth?.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Your right about the climbing in. I’m not leaning towards the rally seats for that reason. I like the Sport S from GTS and the LeManS from CTS. Both very similar. Nothing like first hand experience though.

I mentioned delivery because CTS is quoting two months. I haven’t gotten in touch with GTS yet.  Planning to this week.  I really like the basket weave/vinyl combo on all the seats. The really look nice even though they’re vinyl but the siren song of leather keeps calling…..

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Mike -

I just installed LeMans R type leatherette/houndstooth from Classic Touring Seats in my '74 tii.  I think these are the ones in your 4th picture.  Could not be happier.  Roger was great to deal with.  Seats were in stock and I had them within a week of ordering, shipped from west coast to NJ.  I think they look perfect in my car and they are very comfortable.  Installation was a breeze.  Know that you need to reach around to the lower back of seat to access release bar that allows the seats to be tilted forward.  Not a big deal.  Not cheap - I needed to buy mounting brackets and sliders for each seat.  Cost was $3325 - $2780 for the seats, $190 for two sets of mounting brackets, $190 for two sets of sliders, $165 shipping.  Money well spent.  Love 'em.  Good luck.

Larry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dblinsqaun said:

Mike -

I just installed LeMans R type leatherette/houndstooth from Classic Touring Seats in my '74 tii.  I think these are the ones in your 4th picture.  Could not be happier.  Roger was great to deal with.  Seats were in stock and I had them within a week of ordering, shipped from west coast to NJ.  I think they look perfect in my car and they are very comfortable.  Installation was a breeze.  Know that you need to reach around to the lower back of seat to access release bar that allows the seats to be tilted forward.  Not a big deal.  Not cheap - I needed to buy mounting brackets and sliders for each seat.  Cost was $3325 - $2780 for the seats, $190 for two sets of mounting brackets, $190 for two sets of sliders, $165 shipping.  Money well spent.  Love 'em.  Good luck.

Larry

Larry,

Thanks for the vote of confidence in CTR. I liked the look of their seats better then GTS. I guess it’s a matter of taste but I did think they looked more like a period correct factory seat then GTS.  I looked at Vintage Seats as well, mainly a purveyor of P car seats although some would look at home in your vintage BMW.  I also have pretty much decided on the same seats you have chosen.  I want them either in the leather bolster/black corduroy option or the All leather with the center section perforated. I think I’m leaning towards the former. I had a 1978 euro market 728 with carbureted 2.8, in Resedagrun with Green fabric and corduroy interior.  As someone mentioned BMW had a whole universe of fabrics to choose from in Europe where here in the states we got plain ol’ vinyl or leather. I thought that would be a cool thing to have fabric in there. Especially the corduroy that they use. They claim it is Porsche factory approved material for automotive use.  It looks heavy duty as it should.   I am getting dark charcoal carpets from Esty and I thought that black corduroy matched the carpets really well. That carpet from her has a square weave look to it that also matches the lines of the black corduroy. I like the contrast in different materials too. Makes it look more interesting. 

Mike

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318