• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellos from Germany!

MisterM52

Hello everyone! Greetings from Germany.  Hope you are all doing well during these times.

I joined this forum as we have been recently working on a special project for the BMW M10 engine, specially for the BMW 2002. I was interested to see how many people were interested and wanted to do a project log. We have so far built supercharger kits for the M5x, and M4x Engines and only started to venture into the world of the classics that started it all :)

• Like 3

Welcome!

So you’re designing a new supercharger kit for sale for the M10? Cool. Care to share any details on the plans?

You’re looking for a potential client (located in Germany?) willing to work through the development? Not sure I’m understanding what you meant by project log…

Tom

Edited by visionaut

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Hey guys! Thanks for the kind welcome, yes I would love to start a dedicated topic on supercharging this engine, :)

You see, we originally had a project for the 6 Cylinder BMW's and 6 years later after the project was released to public, we have been making supercharger kits for the M5x and S5x as well as the 4 Cylinder BMW M4x Engines. And from this year we decided to start something for the old timers that made it all happen, The M10, M20 and M30 engines.

We have built some of the largest supercharger kits for the BMW Engines, and our kits are available under the Hyde Motor Works brand.  I didn't want to post any links until I introduced myself and also in case it upsets someone here. ?  I will put some videos of below.

So on to the the M10 Engine will have its own supercharger kit that will allow you to get an additional 100HP or more and you can use 4 different superchargers (depending on what is available in your local market). The idea is essentially something for the purists and those considering some engine swap, to just use a bolt on supercharger and get more potential from the old M10.

We have been keeping this undercover for a year now, but decided now its time...In the end of the day, we are enthusiasts and I think work should be shared so others can benefit from it, essentially we would like to show the work that's been done and see how much interest there is. 

Here is a picture including one of the M10 engines development. I hope you like our work. With your blessings I would start a thread about it and such, we plan to release it as a affordable kit in the near future and perhaps we can find some testers here as well. ☺️

Warm Regards,

Hyde from Stuttgart, Germany.

M10 OT 2021-07-10 at 08.47.52.jpeg

JMT-France - M52B28 V2-SC14-01.jpeg

HMW KC Design Concepts - Keith Caldwell 2020.png

Jedd R M54-03.jpeg

• Like 3

Very nice, Hyde. This could be that thread, but it may be better to start a Project Blog in that section of FAQ.

Your M10 development set-up looks quite wide to me - does it fit in an unmodified 02 engine bay with the original brake booster? (asking because there’s only ~11” from the head intake port to the tii booster, and only ~19” to the inner fender.)

Edited by visionaut
  • Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

36 minutes ago, visionaut said:

Very nice, Hyde. This could be that thread, but it may be better to start a Project Blog in that section of FAQ.

Your M10 development set-up looks quite wide to me - does it fit in an unmodified 02 engine bay with the original brake booster? (asking because there’s only ~11” from the head intake port to the tii booster, and only ~19” to the inner fender.)

Yes a side view of that set up would be great.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Thanks everyone, yea I will likely have to post this later on tonight or tomorrow in between work. There will also be a nice video on that topic detailing what has been done and how its to be installed. It will be jam packed with info.

4 minutes ago, CoastalCrush said:

Do you make a kit for the m42 or is the one in the video a one off build?

Yes we do, we have been offering kits for the M42, M43 and M44 engines for over 2 years now, we have the largest kit ever built for those engines using a 1.4L blower. If you like you can get more info on those here: https://hydemotorworks.com/products-and-supercharger-setups/v4-moab-kit-overview/

There is also a Eaton based kit coming later this year or early next year.?

37 minutes ago, MisterM52 said:

Thanks everyone, yea I will likely have to post this later on tonight or tomorrow in between work. There will also be a nice video on that topic detailing what has been done and how its to be installed. It will be jam packed with info.

Yes we do, we have been offering kits for the M42, M43 and M44 engines for over 2 years now, we have the largest kit ever built for those engines using a 1.4L blower. If you like you can get more info on those here: https://hydemotorworks.com/products-and-supercharger-setups/v4-moab-kit-overview/

There is also a Eaton based kit coming later this year or early next year.?

what ecu do you run with this kit? I’m definitely interested in he Eaton setup!

Max-

73' BMW 2002

Member # 2329

If you mean the Eaton setup for the M4x engines then here it is, still under development but this is with another of our engineers.

I didn't know there were so much enthusiasm for these 4 cylinder engines, I myself fell in love with the little revvy 4 cylinders. If its okay then let me attach some pictures and show you below.

There are 2 kits below, the ones you see in roughness are project WM Designs 456, to be released. and the other one done you see are the previous MOAB variants, prototypes that are now almost sold out. The newer design is better and will be released next year. Everybody these days just goes for a engine swap, we need more people to try them out, show some love to these 4 cylinders. :)

20210423_182847.jpg

20210423_182855.jpg

HMW V4 Kit M45-M62 full 2.JPG

• Like 1