• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is it really worth? 1976 BMW 2002

Fletcher

Price: $1

Description:

UPDATE: I took down the ad.  The sun came out and all thoughts of getting rid of it dissipated with the clouds.  Thanks for all the feedback ;)

This is mine.  I wanted to see what it was worth.  I've gotten a few enthusiastic nibbles as priced, but no real offers. I priced it below Hagerty's lowest ("Fair") condition.  What's reasonable for this car?  Free?  Pay them to take it? ;) Thanks. 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/federal-way-1976-bmw-spd/7332725811.html

Edited by Fletcher
update
  • Like 1

Fletcher:

Runs and drives gets you out of the "for parts" category.  Two-tone rattle-can paint, aluminum door panels, trim & bumper delete, mis-matched seats and koogleworks air dam puts you in the "rat-rod" category.  1976 with no smog components limits your market to buyers outside of CA.  Some surface rust and hard starting isn't helping your cause.  So my estimate is $6K to $8K as presented.

Others may have a different estimate.  Good luck with your sale!

Mark92131

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

I don't think your far off.   The two tone paint  and mismatched seats are the biggest drawbacks I think visually.

Seats could be a easy fix for buyer.  With some effort and less than 10k  someone could have a pretty decent driver.

I say $7500 to $9000.    

I watched the progress on this 02. You did a lot of work to it.. GLWS

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...