• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Weber Accelerator link

WhoIsSea10

48 minutes ago, WhoIsSea10 said:

Yeah, I made the purchase today. Can't wait to get it and finally get the carbs tuned.

You won't regret it. I purchased, but never installed, the bar style linkage. Once I saw Hal's linkage I knew that was the way to go. It was an easy install and is working great for me now.

• Like 2

So the kit I got has that "orange" arm (not installed yet) but I don't think it has the reach to connect to the accelerator rod. If i even tried, the rod would rub against the transmission.

I have a really simple solution to that:

bend the rod.

Done.

Since it's a pull rod, it doesn't care a- tall.

If you're going to a cable linkage, then have the cable make the loop to the engine,

so that engine movement doesn't affect throttle application.

It's about the only reason to use a cable- and it's not a bad reason.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Yep... bend the rod to clear the transmission. You have to make several bends to get it correctly lined up, but it’s no big deal. 

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

To get up and running I ended up using my stock rod that runs from pedal vertically to the rod that bridges from the firewall to the carbs. I can get to about 95% WOT with this rod (per the TPS I installed). Once I'm further along with my jetting at lower RPM / cruising ranges I'll deal with the longer rod that came with the kit to get full WOT.

8 minutes ago, man_mark_7 said:

I'll deal with the longer rod that came with the kit to get full WOT.

You might also try adjusting the accelerator pedal lever angle at the pedal box to adjust the distance between it and the firewall lever on the linkage.  That lever is a friction fit onto the pedal rod that extends out of the pedal box.  It has often changed position relative to the upper linkage.  It is easily adjusted.  Here are the workshop manual's instructions.

Also note that the clamp on that lever can be at its limits so that it can't be firmly locked onto the pedal rod.  You can fix that by filing off some of the material as shown in the attached pic.

Accelerator Lever Angle.jpg

Accelerator Pedal Installation.png

Accelerator Pedal Adjustment.jpg

• Like 3

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png