• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Box Kit Group Buy Round II

RFord888

Price: $325

Description:

If you have been following the thread "steering box" you know what this is about. If not, and your steering box screw has reached its limit, please familiarize your self with the thread. Masterminded a group buy about four months ago and since then, folks who missed it have been clamoring for another. Well, maybe not clamoring but if we can order 10 kits, I can offer them at $325 each plus shipping. (W&N is $700 plus shipping) The only caveat is the supplier is backordered at this time and the wait will be 6 to 7 weeks. 

Courtesy of FAQ member "0257" a description is below. Please note, I am not making any claims as to whether your steering experience will be radically improved with this kit. I'll only say that three of the best 02 mechanics in the midwest have ordered multiple kits and are in on this group buy as well. 

Please PM me if you want one. And since I personally finance this I would appreciate a firm commitment before I place the order -after which time I'm on the hook.I don't ask for payment until I have the kits on hand and am ready to ship. I'll let this float out there for a week or so, and then place the order - assuming we reach ten. 

Rich

Our  K-172ES  steering repair kit includes the following parts:

1 (one) steering worm,

1 (one) roller-kit to repair the sector shaft  (A)

1 (one) upper ball bearing (cup & cage with balls) of worm,

1 (one) lower ball bearing (cup & cage with balls) of worm,

2 (two) bushings for the sector shaft,

2 (two) oil seals,

1 (one) shim set (for adjusting axial end play of worm and bearings) (B)

1 (one) gasket for the sector shaft cover.

(A) Roller-kit includes :  1 roller, 1 pin, 2 oversize washers & full complement of needle rollers.

(B) Shim set includes :   3 shims of 0,2 mm thickness, 1 shim of 0,1 mm and 1 shim of 0,05 mm

'72 2002 Tundra/Saddle,

'72 2002tii Ceylon/Black 

'89 325is Alpine White/Sand - 88 535is Royal Blau Gray Leather M Cloth

We have enough for an order so to get this moving for those who have committed, the DEADLINE for ordering is Monday 9/28 8am CDT. As mentioned, lead time is 6 to 7 weeks not including ship time to me and then shipping to you. 

Rich

'72 2002 Tundra/Saddle,

'72 2002tii Ceylon/Black 

'89 325is Alpine White/Sand - 88 535is Royal Blau Gray Leather M Cloth