• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '02 getting a fresh coat

mofares

I have owned my '76 for about 25+ years when I purchased it from Sears Point Race track in Sonoma and drove it to Bethesda, MD. Previous owner (Ian Gordon Racing) had re-built the motor and did a very good job at the time on it's first Polaris re-paint but it developed a few rust spots along the way at base of the front fenders by rocker (common) and some paint cracks on the hood and left rear quarter panel. I decided to have the car completely re-painted during this Covid crisis as my local body shop needed the business and the price was very fair for all the work they would be doing. I am replacing the front wind shield for the sake of it and they are installing new BMW trunk, door, hood, sunroof gaskets (Coupeking) along with all new trim clips (belt, knee rocker). Waiting for carpet samples from Esty and then I plan on re-covering E21 Recaro's in marine blue even though they are in very very good shape (thanks Dave Varco many decades ago). The car has a lot of other goodies which I installed myself along with 5 speed conversion. Car will also have new chrome stainless steel bumpers with Blunt mounting kit. The shop owner just sent me attached video which I wanted to share with this group and before and during  photo's since some of us are so bored at home.

IMG_5867 (1).JPG

751505CA-F062-4299-8141-00A459CAC793-COLLAGE.jpg

IMG_6322.JPG

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks John but the project did not go 100% as planned. Broken promises and inexperience. Body shop butchered a bunch of items and I will never recommend them. Plus they had the car for 4 months for no reason and many items were re-installed incorrectly, hood unaligned, doors don't shut properly, sunroof out of alignment so I am having to do a lot of work now. See you at the next Deutsche Marque Concours whenever that may be....Here is a photo. 

IMG_7150.JPG

• Like 1