• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Trivia

resra

I’ve seen that design before and it looks great on an 02.  Not sure of the brand, if nobody chimes in, try searching around online for some old Car and Driver magazine issues/pics from the 1970’s.  There may be an ad on one of the pages with those rims showing the maker....just a thought.

• Thanks 1

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Steve, see how the Exims have the little crown shape between the spaces of the lug nut holes. 

My wheels don’t. But like Bluebnw says, I did see some very similar on VW vials but they were 14 inch. So I keep looking. I would love to make a complete set. 

1 hour ago, resra said:

Steve, see how the Exims have the little crown shape between the spaces of the lug nut holes. 

My wheels don’t. But like Bluebnw says, I did see some very similar on VW vials but they were 14 inch. So I keep looking. I would love to make a complete set. 

I, too, saw the crowns but also note that lots of rims had various production versions, Ronal R2’s, Cosmic Mark II’s. Sometimes (thinking again of Cosmic’s) there were both machined and non-machined versions — the machined versions also having blacked-out backgrounds. Note that the example shown in the database is likely a 1992 production (“92”), which might be a late version of this rim. There are some markings on your rim, where the barrel meets the center disk. If it’s a KBA #, we can compare it to the KBA for the Exim rim shown, 41038 (?).  And there are no other markings front or rear?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, resra said:

Yes there is a KBA number there. I will note it today and post. Other than that I have not seen anything else on the center or back. 

And if the KBA does not match the Exim KBA, sometimes Googling a KBA # will turn up other examples on the Web....

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)