• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S14 Miles Since Motor Swap

Doug Riparetti

Curious what kind of miles y’all have put on your “02” since doing the S14 swap?

Since December 11th, 2017,  I’ve racked up 39,665 trouble free miles. I did make a 3905-mile round trip to Mid-America ‘02 Feat, 2019. Looking forward to Mid-America “2020”.

Shout out to my brother at “Riparetti Cylinder Head Service”, Kuna, Idaho for building one AWESOME motor......

69470078-0B1A-4C24-9000-74852E99FC70.MOV

3C78D25F-3298-4C47-A458-6AAB34740A50.jpeg

2868B151-E857-4312-AFC7-A6A39F1C4FBF.png

Edited by Doug Riparetti
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, roman.lysiak said:

is that a hole in the hood?

Yep.

Mine says 13k.  I think it was around 8 when I bought it at the end of last year.  Still working on getting it sorted out.  But the swap was done 25 (?) years ago...  Poor car, sitting so long with no love.  Making up for it now.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

16 minutes ago, jimk said:

I have 22K.  Photo withheld to save embarrassing comments.

How many miles on the current engine management hardware?

?

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

7 hours ago, roman.lysiak said:

on a similar topic,  with my tii  I have been across continent 3 time. Newfoundland, Hatteras, San Diego, Vancouver. Need to do a trip to Florida and Alaska, to have done all corners of N.A. My odometer has never worked in the 20 years.   is that a hole in the hood?

Yes. The cables for the motorcycle carburetors were binding when I closed the hood, I had no choice but to cut a window in it. I did finally install a hood scoop when I made the trek back to Arkansas, when I attended Mid America ‘02 Fest earlier this year. With rain in the forecast for my trip back East, it was time to cover up the hole.

81048C9D-873D-4958-9CC1-40E0FC001101.jpeg

Edited by Doug Riparetti
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ray_ said:

How many miles on the current engine management hardware?

?

The entire 22K on the S14.  All of the other experiments were with the M10.  This one is a keeper.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.