• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker panel repair

RonfromIN

Left rear rocker panel dent repair not done well. No rust per previous owner but if so appears to have been a cave and pave. Or maybe a patch and pave. The surface not prepped well prior to painting the car. Repair did not extend to the door. About halfway between door and fender well. Which replacement panel do I need and who provides best panels? 

6 minutes ago, RonfromIN said:

Do they have a catalog in English? Didn’t see a way to convert the website. 

On the top right corner of the home page, there are two flags. Click on the English flag.

Edited by evil02

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...

Be prepared to replace at least part or all of all 3 parts. Generally if the outer rocker is rotten at the front the inner rocker will be too; likely also creeping into the floor pan/foot wells. If the outer rear rocker (a continuation of the quarter panel ) is rotten you can bet the “outer rocker” is rotten behind there. This is especially true on sunroof cars. The inner may (most likely) will have issues along the entire length at the bottom. Peel back the carpets and have a good poke around with a big screwdriver. Don’t be bashful. Extra time now will save money and time later. 

Im in IL less than 2hrs w of Indy. If it’s more than you want to tackle, or just want a “BMW guy” to do the work message me. I’d be happy to help resurrect another one. 

Thanks for the advise. Previous owner was very honest in condition of the car prior to painting. Pointed out a 4 inch patch in front fender and said that was the only rust. Guess I’ll learn what created need for repair when I peak back the paint. If I see rust I agree I should consider the full inner and outer. 

Thanks fpr for the offer on doing the repair. 

• Like 1

If it really is only dented then take somewhere that can pull it out.

Welding on spikes or washers followed by a hydraulic pull would get most of it out. A lot easier than getting into panel replacement. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/