• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hope to crank her over soon.

Hien

• 1 month later...

That boot floor and inner arches are soooo clean and rust free, you're a lucky guy. Have a look up in the arches at the box section that the spring mounts to - there's a hole about 15mm in diameter on the side, make sure to plug it with something (i found a rubber bung for the bottom of a chair leg from a DIY store) otherwise water gets in and sit in there, rusting from the inside out. Nice work on the tank - need to do that with my coupe

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, Edsta74 said:

Im looking to clean up some rust from my tank as well.  how long did you let the vinegar sit in the tank?  did you seal it afterwards?  

Sorry haven't been on this board lately, the cider vinegar work really fast, just leave overnight, I left mine in like a week since my tank was really bad, car never move since 87.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:32 AM, NickVyse said:

That boot floor and inner arches are soooo clean and rust free, you're a lucky guy. Have a look up in the arches at the box section that the spring mounts to - there's a hole about 15mm in diameter on the side, make sure to plug it with something (i found a rubber bung for the bottom of a chair leg from a DIY store) otherwise water gets in and sit in there, rusting from the inside out. Nice work on the tank - need to do that with my coupe

Thank you Nick for the tip.

Gas tank back in, locksmith came through with missing gas cap key, found Korkey rubber plumbing seal at DIY store work perfect of gas seal, toilet wax ring is awesome to keep gas vapor out of the car cabin. 

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

7 minutes ago, NickVyse said:

keep an eye on that seal to make sure it's fuel safe and doesn't start to melt. Last thing you want is bits of that in your fuel line! Nick

keep an eye on that seal to make sure it's fuel safe and doesn't start to melt. Last thing you want is bits of that in your fuel line! Nick

Hi Nick, Chris Macha got me concern on the seal too, so I test it, soaking it overnight in gas, it held up find. Wax ring work out great did not smell any gas, I sleep in the garage overnight to make sure I don't smell any gas vapor.

• 4 weeks later...

My garage find project " Brown Turkey " finally fired up, after install cap, rotor, point, condenser, wire set and double check my timing mark...I come to think the old wire set connection for the coil was the problem, weak electrical arc. I'm learn to tune the Solex carb after watching YouTube. Now she Purr like a kitten...Not bad for a kitchen janitor wrenching after work watching YouTube for knowledge.

alive.jpg

alive1.jpg

alive2.jpg

alive3.jpg

alive4.jpg

• Like 1

Mild mannered janitor by day...

What year is your golden goose, I forget? Just wanted to double check you have the very early hollow camshaft and that someone hasn't forgot to reinstal the camshaft oil spray bar.

Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg