• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seats, seats and more seats. Which one?

Dudeland

I am sorry, I don't want to pay 2-2.5K for a pair of Recaro seats, If I want tan to match my interior, that Is what I am looking at in $CDN, delivered, recovered.   So I wanted to check out the local pick and pull and here is what I found.  Each one will need to be recovered, but I can at least buy the bones for less than a wrecked Recaro pair. 

I know people have used Miata seats, but anybody else has any recommendations. And yes I have looked at the seating article. 

2009 Miata. 

IMG_2546.thumb.JPG.d58cd10c185388167caabc17ded0d011.JPG

BMW 325 ish newer car. 

IMG_2547.thumb.JPG.b1d84e57e31d821e7cc6ee2023aca1c0.JPG

Older MR2 Toyota,  Look Recaro ish

IMG_2553.thumb.JPG.ee2955cd5b3563829d159b70eba37d50.JPG

Accura Integra

IMG_2560.thumb.JPG.18be77e7ec73f40bd96203003da007d8.JPG

300 ZX (I doubt they will fit,  they are too wide. 

IMG_2562.thumb.JPG.1d108bfaef77004a33219cba51b1bf2f.JPG

IMG_2559.JPG

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

id go with the Integra seats they look good.

You could always go with the Recaros that do not flip forward, sure it takes like 30 seconds to wind the adjuster wheel to tilt them to let people in the back of my car.

But...... i rarely carry anyone other than in the front seat, and they were quite a bit cheaper than the ones that flip.

Not sure if that has evened out now though.... just a thought.

Or how about e30 sports seats, very comfy?

The other part that I forgot to mention is that I am 6’2” and 275lb on a good day. When I sit in the stock seat my head will brush the roof going over rail road tracks. So I will need something low slung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

6 minutes ago, Dudeland said:

The other part that I forgot to mention is that I am 6’2” and 275lb on a good day. When I sit in the stock seat my head will brush the roof going over rail road tracks. So I will need something low slung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to add, but I wasn't sure, is that I think the E30's do ride a bit high. 

Maybe some Scheels will work? I believe they use the same mounts as the Recaro's.(not sure)  in your case, you may need to check the Massive adapters because..despite the name...they seem to be the lowest adapters for you taller guys. 

Cheers! 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

In the same boat about not wanting $2k seats.

Thinking about some replica SR3s on eBay for $500 but don't want them to be absolute trash.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/RECARO-SR3-SRD-Black-PAIR-Reclinable-Racing-Seats-CLOTH-Fabric-BRIDE-w-Slider/263272767867?hash=item3d4c47a17b:g:Kn4AAOSwh2RZ9AoQ

So I have also been contemplating the e30 sport seats but am unsure on if I want to remove the factory rails. I assume the tunnel affects clearance and would cause the seat to sit in a lean to the door? 

I put a set of Integra seats in a 2002 once. They weren't bad, and they were dirt cheap.

It's totally out of left field, but I'm deeply smitten with the manual sport seats in my 128i (E82 chassis). If I can score another set I'm going to try to put them in the 02. Definitely need to get them down on the floor, as they are rather high. And heavy. I think the rears may work as well, but probably require even more fab work.

Seriously, any BMW manual sport seats in decent shape are worth considering if you think you can make them fit. So many adjustments....

--

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

It is funny I took a look at a Mustang today, but they seemed wide.  I am worried that I get them in, but the steering wheel is not centred on the seat. 

I also took a look at seats out of a modern mini.  They are really nice, but they seem high.  I feel that I need to get them out of a two-door something. 

There was a 2 door Volvo sports coupe thing, the seats were really nice and reclinable, but alas they were big and too modern.  

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

how committed are you to getting the seats in? The real issue with height seems to be the factory seat mounts. They can be cut out and lower mounts welded in if you want to go that far. That's not for everyone though. I'm using Miata seats and now that I have a welder I can redo my adaptors to fit about an inch lower for what its worth. I wouldn't suggest it for a larger person though, these seats are narrow. I've heard good things on the Integra seats, wider, light, and supposedly might fit on stock rails?

As was said, any seats can fit, just depends on amount of fab required.