• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crack free dash

Agavee

I don't ever recommend sending money using the "friends and family" option through PayPal.  In doing so you leave yourself no recourse in situations such as these.  My solution as a buyer is to use the "pay for products or services" option and either negotiate/split the PayPal fee with the seller (Which I think is only 2.9% of amount sent + $0.30) or just gross up the amount sent to fully cover the fee, such that the net after fees are deducted keeps the seller whole. 

This way you at least have some way to make a claim if something doesn't go as expected and are only paying at most 3% to cover your money 100%, as opposed to letting your 100% ride naked.  If the seller insists on me using "friends and family"  despite my willingness to cover the 3% fee, well that is an obvious red flag and I won't do business with that seller.  Unfortunately the days of the "handshake deal" are long gone...C.Y.A..

• Like 4

'72 Golf  2002 tii

'73 Polaris 2002 tii

'76 Polaris 2002 

2 hours ago, 02MANYBIMMERS said:

I don't ever recommend sending money using the "friends and family" option through PayPal.  In doing so you leave yourself no recourse in situations such as these.  My solution as a buyer is to use the "pay for products or services" option and either negotiate/split the PayPal fee with the seller (Which I think is only 2.9% of amount sent + $0.30) or just gross up the amount sent to fully cover the fee, such that the net after fees are deducted keeps the seller whole. 

This way you at least have some way to make a claim if something doesn't go as expected and are only paying at most 3% to cover your money 100%, as opposed to letting your 100% ride naked.  If the seller insists on me using "friends and family"  despite my willingness to cover the 3% fee, well that is an obvious red flag and I won't do business with that seller.  Unfortunately the days of the "handshake deal" are long gone...C.Y.A..

+1

This ^

OK, OK, I admit I was a CPA for many years, but the thought of risking 100% to save a 3% fee sounds just nutty to me!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Guys - the communication with Agavee was not good (goods not sent for 3-4 days after promised, and his phone was turned off (and I thought cancelled or blocked) for about a day), and I was hugely paranoid about being ripped off given the way I bought the door moldings from him (not being able to track him), but he did just deliver my door moldings in very good shape.  Kugelfischer - maybe you can work out some escrow deal with him if you really want the dash.

Edited by jamesb
  • Confused 1

For everyone wondering, this isn't a scam. I had bad communication with jamesb, and he got paranoid quick and assumed he got scammed on a set of moldings I sold him. He even opened a PayPal claim, which held my money till he received it. He went ahead and mentioned not to buy this dash based on the fact that he thought he got screwed on the moldings. Since then he's received his moldings, also in great shape. 

Post some pics of the dash with a piece of paper with the date and your screen name in the shot and perhaps that will help to regain some trust.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How about you read a little then issue an apology for insinuating someone you've had zero dealings with isn't honest?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/225429-beware-of-agavee/&share_tid=225429&share_fid=66700&share_type=t

Better yet, send a DNA sample too so we know your apology is legit. [emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Uhh... What?
Im just giving a suggestion to someone with a very low post count to help sell a 1300 item...

How about you read a little then issue an apology for insinuating someone you've had zero dealings with isn't honest?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/225429-beware-of-agavee/&share_tid=225429&share_fid=66700&share_type=t

Better yet, send a DNA sample too so we know your apology is legit. [emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sgaffman said:

Thats a little offsides as well. The seller hasn't responded to anything on this post for almost a dam week. Prior to that, all the way back to July 4th. Clearly he doesn't communicate well or check his account/email. Anybody willing to send this guy $1300 is taking a serious risk. I love to see new members but when a new member joins and brings nothing to the community but parts to sell people should be suspicious of the guy/gal. @Bibm5 was just suggesting something to help the guy. He took he high road in my opinion, I took the low road and called him an ass clown on Friday. I'll stand by my opinion until proven otherwise. ?

Another appropriate way to post if you are new is reference yourself form a different forum that you are involved in so people can go check out your feedback. If you can't do that, go sell it on Fleebay like anybody else would. Perhaps he can't do that because the part doesn't exist? Who the hell knows, he can't even seem to produce a picture of the product. He's only had 27 days to do that. I'm sure he's waiting on a professional photographer or some other kind of shit. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Thats a little offsides as well. The seller hasn't responded to anything on this post for almost a dam week. Prior to that, all the way back to July 4th. Clearly he doesn't communicate well or check his account/email. Anybody willing to send this guy $1300 is taking a serious risk. I love to see new members but when a new member joins and brings nothing to the community but parts to sell people should be suspicious of the guy/gal. @Bibm5 was just suggesting something to help the guy. He took he high road in my opinion, I took the low road and called him an ass clown on Friday. I'll stand by my opinion until proven otherwise. ?

Another appropriate way to post if you are new is reference yourself form a different forum that you are involved in so people can go check out your feedback. If you can't do that, go sell it on Fleebay like anybody else would. Perhaps he can't do that because the part doesn't exist? Who the hell knows, he can't even seem to produce a picture of the product. He's only had 27 days to do that. I'm sure he's waiting on a professional photographer or some other kind of shit. 

Well said! I wish I was as articulate as you.  Great question- why no picture has been produced for a month! Albeit for a $1,300 purchase.  

P.s. I failed to thank you for your willingness to concede the dash back on July 4th. 

• Like 1

I have a crack free dash you can have.

Here it is.

-

Ok, it's more of a hyphen.

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

6 minutes ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Dang, That looks exactly like the one Agavee has. Is that NOS as well?

It's rare!

BTW I have a theory about NOS dashes. They will crack, probably sooner rather than later. 

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

8 hours ago, ray_ said:

BTW I have a theory about NOS dashes. They will crack, probably sooner rather than later. 

Agreed, but I think the one the seller has was kept in a temperature & moisture controlled room in the basement of the Smithsonian Museum for the past 40 years. 

• Haha 1