• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAS CAP KEY BLANK - locking blau "first gen"

hollowridge

Price: $10

Description:

Hello.

After spending tons of time researching gas caps for the 2002 I think I have it finally figured out. I'm thinking of creating a specific page or website dedicated to it so its easy to find for those interested. I am still gathering info and verifying.

I have sourced keys for both keyways for the blau locking gas cap. This is the one with the thicker metal piece that swings over the key hole. Pics below. 

2 KEY PROFILES

Look at keyway to verify your key profile. There are 2 different profiles of the keyway for these caps (also the hk - that info is coming). I have pictures showing the keyway and the keys. Match your keyhole or key to make sure you are getting the right key that fits your cap. The key will be blank. You'll need to take the key to a local locksmith to cut the key to fit our cap or copy your existing key.

KEY PRICE

$10 shipped for a blank key (DL BU1 or DL BU2). If you need more than one message me and we can work out something.

bmw2002gascapbu1.jpg

bmw2002gascapbu2.jpg

bmw2002lockinggascapkeysbu1bu2.jpg

bmwlockinggascapbu1key.jpg

bmwlockinggascapbu2key.jpg

Edited by hollowridge
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, shermanmartinez said:

Have you done any research on the more common gas cap with the tear drop shaped keyhole cover?

shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com

Yes. Pictures and keys are coming for that model. The one you are talking about is made by HK. There are also 2 different key profiles.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a locked keyless gas cap from a '67 1600, any way you can help me determine which key might work? I'd be interested in buying multiples to test which works if that's an option.

Thanks!

f2e5f60cf3d7aca4cfcbd7ad280a1583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1965 Hillman Imp - Rosemarie

1969 BMW 2002 - Dolores

1975 BMW 2002 - Rolf

1984 BMW 533i Swap - Alfons

5 hours ago, hellayego said:

I have a locked keyless gas cap from a '67 1600, any way you can help me determine which key might work? I'd be interested in buying multiples to test which works if that's an option.

Thanks!

Neither of the keys he's offering will fit your application. You have a different style gas cap. 

• Like 1

Neither of the keys he's offering will fit your application. You have a different style gas cap. 

Thanks for the clarification :)

Any idea which key numbers are correct for this style?

1965 Hillman Imp - Rosemarie

1969 BMW 2002 - Dolores

1975 BMW 2002 - Rolf

1984 BMW 533i Swap - Alfons

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/26/2018 at 4:48 PM, hellayego said:

Thanks!

Mine is similar (a '72 2002) to but the reverse of yours.  I'd also like to get a blank to fit mine if the seller can help.

IMG_5378.jpeg

I'm looking for a key for mine, question is, how do you cut a key for one of these caps without a working key in hand. I have the same cap as "mr adams" cap but no key.

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

11 hours ago, greggymcgreg said:

Looking for a gas cap key blank if you still sell the. PM sent.

Thanks!

Greg

Yes I have the two styles still. Let me know which one you need, how many and send me a PM.

@its55 I think I might have a couple of these I need to check.

@71bmr02 A locksmith can usually get it done if the are experienced. Also especially on the older ones there are only a few key code options from my findings. But that would require testing to see which one fits yours. Your style is the newest one and is available new for $50. You might be better off selling yours used without a key and buying a new one instead of paying a locksmith to figure it out. 

For those looking for something unique. This is probably one of my favorite locking caps. I have one on my touring and love it.

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Ein neuer Tankdeckel von FAAB - abschließbar. classic parts from wum-autoteile. Karmann 1600, 2000 Tii, 1602, 1600 Touring, 2000 Touring, 2002 Cabriolet. new locking gas cap - BMW 1600 2 Touring, 1600 4 Touring, 2002 Ti, 2000 Tii Touring, 2002 Tii, 2002 Automatic .