• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's alive!!!!

irdave

Ok!  It's really alive this time.  Idling and running on all 4 cylinders.  After cleaning the fuel tank / changing the rubber lines / new fuel filter / cleaning the injectors / new plugs / finding all the cut wires, it actually idles really nice.  Big order going in to Ireland Eng. here directly for all the basic things that should be replaced, but I was able to gently drive the car around the block yesterday- first time it's moved under its own power in at least 15 years, and maybe longer...

Huge thanks to Rob Siegel for his step by step process to get this thing back up and running, and everyone else that helped with ideas on the problems I've had so far.   And Mike McCartney- I've been hauling that book around for almost 20 years- and I finally picked up an '02.

IMG_20170810_172655.jpg

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

8 hours ago, Simeon said:

Now on to stopping, steering and driving it like you stole it. 

You mean quietly, calmly, following all laws and drawing no attention?!  Good luck!  Ha!

Put in big order with Ireland Engineering.  Get all that in, maybe a little suspension work (I'm a suspension guy- I have a hard time leaving it alone...)  Then maybe some wheels and tires...  Hopefully the snows not early.  Figure some interior work / rewiring once the snow gets here...  I'm really excited, I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Dave.

great job, car is looking good!

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

Thanks so much.  You know what I think I like most about this whole thing- that you can actually fix it.  All the modern cars (and everything, really) is becoming so disposable- this thing, you take it apart, clean it, fix it- and it works just like it's suppose to.

So now back to cleaning it up before all the IE parts get here...

Thanks again everyone.

Dave.