• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jarocho

On 5/15/2017 at 11:18 AM, 2002Targa said:

This is actually very simple to do.  Hold the green double wire with your teeth and touch any of the red wires to anything metal.  Starts right up, and works every time!!!

Edited by jarocho

On 5/14/2017 at 11:46 PM, 2002Scoob said:

Hmmmmm.....

Not sure how I feel about posting on the internets, to a 1st time poster, asking directions how to hot-wire a vehicle which is already going up in theft cases that I also happen to own... 

Or is it just me? 

Edited by jarocho

3 minutes ago, 2002Targa said:

This is actually very simple to do.  Hold the green double wire with your teeth and touch any of the red wires to anything metal.  Starts right up, and works every time!!!

Or, if Targa's advice doesn't work, you could try calling your local locksmith (I think the number is 9-1-1), tell them EXACTLY where you are and stay close to the car (ideally, face down on the hood or trunk--depending on where the battery is located, of course!) With any luck, someone will come by to help you right away...

On 5/15/2017 at 11:27 AM, pzaver said:

Or, if Targa's advice doesn't work, you could try calling your local locksmith (I think the number is 9-1-1), tell them EXACTLY where you are and stay close to the car (ideally, face down on the hood or trunk--depending on where the battery is located, of course!) With any luck, someone will come by to help you right away...

Edited by jarocho

I would say your best bet to gaining faith in a new community of people is to-

A. Not call people a bunch of dicks, because this is actually the friendliest , most knowledgeable, and most helpful car community I've come across. (go buy a WRX and hang out on NASIOC and you'll know what a bunch of bro'd out idiots who know nothing but talking shit and being keyboard warriors is like)

B. Introduce yourself.

C. Fill out your profile and where you are, you might find a local enthusiast who can help you out just by swinging by to say hello. 

and-

D. Don't get upset because nobody wants to put in writing on a forum how best to hotwire our cars. Because even if you're an honest human being with a problem, the criminal who Googles "how to hotwire a BMW 2002" will end up strait here, and someone elses car gets jacked. 

Just sayin'

Clarkson stealing a Vauxhaull Nova... that is hilarious

Jarocho... you gotta understand something.  2002s are being stolen just about faster than we can get them back on the road. We are not about to advertise how to hotwire our cars...

Just how do you plan on turning the steering wheel with the cylinder locked up?

Now... if you need help:

Spray lube in the cylinder while working the key in and out of the cylinder.  Keep trying to turn the key while doing this.  Many times it will free up the cylinder...sometimes you have to let the penetrating oil sit for a time.  What happens is the pins inside the cylinder get gummed up.  Lightly tap it with a small hammer and see if that helps.

If you have to remove the cylinder... read this:

Or you have to drill out the pin...

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

On 5/15/2017 at 1:10 PM, zinz said:

Clarkson stealing a Vauxhaull Nova... that is hilarious

Jarocho... you gotta understand something.  2002s are being stolen just about faster than we can get them back on the road. We are not about to advertise how to hotwire our cars...

Just how do you plan on turning the steering wheel with the cylinder locked up?

Now... if you need help:

Spray lube in the cylinder while working the key in and out of the cylinder.  Keep trying to turn the key while doing this.  Many times it will free up the cylinder...sometimes you have to let the penetrating oil sit for a time.  What happens is the pins inside the cylinder get gummed up.  Lightly tap it with a small hammer and see if that helps.

If you have to remove the cylinder... read this:

Or you have to drill out the pin...

Ed

Edited by jarocho

all you assuming im trying to rob a car, you'll bunch of dicks!

be polite

if you don't have anything positive to say don't say anything  at all

you said it quite well, so I don't have to.

and you do have a unique way of making friends when you walk into a room.

t

Edited by TobyB

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL