• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, here we go! New owner in Knoxville, TN.

Hi everyone.

Picked up a 1973 2002 last week. Been looking for a while. I wanted one that was either running really good or was in really good shape, but not rough in either category. Found a local guy who had this little red car for a few years and decided he no longer wanted it. It runs pretty good but hard to start when cool. The butter fly valve on the weber is a little stuck. 2 & 3 gear is a little grindy if you try to just yank it in. Shifts good if you hold it at the gate and let it sort of melt in. Brakes were terrible. Interior is meh. Exterior is ok, but does have some rust. Nothing for me to get concerned with.

Going to take the slower approach to fixing it up. I am currently working on making it stop safely. Then I'll move on to the driveline and tranny.

I plan on attempting to do as much work to this 02 as possible, including body work, which I know very little about. So, this is probably a bad plan, ha ha. I'm decent shade tree mech and can follow directions well. So there is hope.

I also currently own a 2007 BMW Z4 Coupe, which I daily drive the shit out of! Super fun car. Total PIA to find and took quite a while.

Any locals here in the East Tennessee area?

Oh, and Kostenfalle =  Money Pit (from my grossly terrible German skillz)

IMG_2269.thumb.JPG.ebf5bfc19daf8a7d5aeb0c82f3ffd9c7.JPG

Hi. I live in Oak Ridge and have had a '75 2002 since October. Among the work I have done so far: new Weber 32/36, alternation from 318, Hella horns, new throttle rod, 123 Tune distributor, transmission shifter rebuild, new tail lenses, mono shift knob, dash covering, window cranks.

2002.jpg

Welcome to the madness. What color is your car?  Your car looks like a little lighter shade than "the real Malaga".    Malaga 73's are sometimes the best ones to own/drive/work on...

Mine isn't the factory color.

4C11ACB3-F0A2-45C3-90C3-2BBBD7CAE5D2_zps

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"