• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Pugh's old 1800 for sale

Robert is quite sad to have to sell the car.   I was too.   It was one of my most enjoyable projects that I have done   I will be glad to answer any questions that folks may have about the car.   It is a fantastic cruiser with some neat features, including AC :)

Wow... Folks this car is awesome, from stem to stern. Was there at the big reveal at MidAm. Way better than buying a new "appliance car". Would make a great daily driver IMO. 

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

I personally believe that the green 1800 Mike Pugh restored is probably the best all around 1800 on the planet.

Nick Vyse s car is the super contender with his new hot Rod motor and the campagnolo  wheels, of course.  

Of course I'd have to drive them both to make a determination.

Mike's car is built to be driven, has great AC and meticulous upgrades. It is an amazing car.

Best regards, Peter

IMG_0336.JPG

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

On 4/8/2017 at 5:27 AM, tisalover said:

I personally believe that the green 1800 Mike Pugh restored is probably the best all around 1800 on the planet.

Nick Vyse s car is the super contender with his new hot Rod motor and the campagnolo  wheels, of course.  

Of course I'd have to drive them both to make a determination.

Thank you Peter, appreciate that, although I couldn't compete for that accolade as mine's a 1600 :-)

Haven't actually dropped the new engine in yet - Provence Tour for a week from tomorrow and was running out of time and didn't need the stress. The current engine is running so well it seemed daft not to run it as is - esp as I just opened up the plug gap with the 123tune distributor and it feels even perkier. Mike's is a great build and I've been tempted to fit an e9 AC system, but there are so few days that I would truly appreciate it I keep coming to the conclusion the weight and complexity is unnecessary for where I live.

For me Mikes old car would be perfect with some period rims, and as people have said, a true daily prospect. I use mine almost all the time and the big boot and 4 doors, plus it's diminutive over all size compared to modern crap makes it a brilliant run about. The new owner won't be disappointed and will have an appreciating asset he or she can enjoy to the full. 

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg