• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NK Project Update

Few things accomplished     Esty's awesome carpet set is going in very nicely.   If you need an NK carpet she can fix you up.    Note the dash pad is now installed and defroster vents modified and hooked up too 

IMG_3174768x1024_zpse25f5fef.jpg

The more I add the lower this thing gets.    Maybe some air bags, pumps and controls and skid bars   :)    Just kidding

IMG_31711024x768_zpsaa4bb7ca.jpg

Did not get it done in time for this weekend's 02berfest though   :(

Mike

Thanks    I hope you will like what I have done for the side vents too.  They go in the underdash covers not yet put on   I will post up pictures when I get to that mounted.   I hope it all looks like it belongs there when I get done

The door seals are from an E28 (Thanks  to my friend Al Taylor for that suggestion, and they work great)    I had not yet put in the window channel yet, that is the old stuff, but just today thanks to Bret Luter, I am tweeking the channel sfrom an E30 and that is working out great.   Much cheaper than buying new stuff.     I am such a cheapskate. 

Mike - did you use a 2002 front subframe in your car?  Please excuse my NK newbness here.  

Just a thought - maybe add a couple of "4DSC" window stickers from an older Nissan Maxima (4 door sports car)..

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Thanks guys

Jim   Yes that is a 2002 cross member.   See one of the early pictures in this thread.    Since the motor on an NK sits about 3.5 inches further forward I had to make up mounts using those from a late NK as a pattern.   The big 22 mm front sway bar I have on there just clears the pan and AC compressor.   Thank goodness!!!!

As some of you know you cannot put something like this together without the help of others

Some folks I need to thank are Steve and Brandon at Blunttech for all of their help in getting me the stuff I need for this old car.   Things like gutter trim, trunk trim and even a piece of door trim below window, none of which are in the US, have been located and obtained for me.  And those front and rear window rubbers and locking strips!      So thanks a bunch guys

And Neil (Mcmil) sent me some NOS door catch parts that are NLA

Carpet all but finished   Thanks again Esty for making this up for me.  Guys, if you need an NK carpet set, see Esty, it went in very easily

IMG_33081024x768_zps8643b064.jpg

IMG_33081024x768_zps8643b064.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy  This one is going to get folks upset  :)  

To avoid cost of having original seats recovered right now I modified some E30 sport seats (I have those in my blue 02 and love them ) to mount in the NK stock platforms and seat tracks.   Forgot to get a picture of what I made but essentially it was a rectangular frame made out of 2 inch wide steel stock.   I then cut off the attachment points from the E30 tracks and welded them to the frame and put the seats on.   They retain all of the original functionality of the sport seats    

I will get the originals recovered and in the car I promise guys    Just wanna get this thing finished and on the road.

Next major step is redoing the door panels and making the console (don't want to destroy my perfect original )

IMG_33431024x768_zpsc3c75dbb.jpg

I thought Nick and his Scheel seats were pushing it, but E30 sports seats...  You are just destroying the car.   ;)

Seriously, they will do the part of getting that beauty on the road and making the drive comfortable.  Well done!  I'm quite envious of your progress.

Mike

Looks great!! Let's get another NK on the road!! We need Brother Jim in here posting too. His car is sweet with the vintage buckets, but e30 sports seats are good seats . This must mean you will be taking some fast corners!! I like it !!!

Rey!!

I'm a BMW Zombie and there's no cure!