• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii Distributor

Naz

Have you seen this:  

The stock tii distributor even with electronic ignition can't be programmed.  This one can.  If you combine this with an O2 sensor, tuning those Solex's will be scientific rather than guesswork.

Also, check out my recent post on the thread for a very inexpensive way to do the international purchase.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

You really only need an O2 bung welded into the down-pipe, an O2 sensor and an air-fuel-ratio (AFR) gauge (definitely not period correct!).  Use the search function for "O2 sensor" for lots of discussion and check with your mechanic for the correct placement of the O2 bung in the exhaust system on the 2000.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

• 2 weeks later...

The 123 does not talk to the O2 sensor at all.  You would have to interpret the feedback of the O2 sensor against the performance of the 123.  Adding a knock sensor is also advised for high compression engines; this will keep you from toasting a piston from a lean mix, or too much ignition advance.

I've used a 123 for several years in my '71 '02... very nice piece of equipment that I have recommended to many folks.  Allowing me to program my own advance curve made a huge difference in how my sidedrafted engine behaved at lower rpms.  I bought a Bluetooth model for the CS during this group buy. 

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool