• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New OEM Sisal Mats from Roger's tii

COOP

Genuine "Rottbraun" BMW Sisal mats, thanks to the extremely helpful and nice Roger at Roger's tii.

Can you say "GROOVY?!" 

I was was on the fence with this one forever...but now that they're in, WOW! I just love how the red/brown elements tie in to the seats & door panels. These were dealer options back in the day and I am just loving them...

COOP

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yep - BMW started offering them again ~10 years ago.  I went with the blue/black set to complement the blue interior.

Set of floor mats    SCHWARZ-BLAU   51470307527  MSRP    $178.69        
Set of floor mats    ROTBRAUN    51470307528  MSRP   $178.24

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I have never seen fluid filled gauges on a 2002!?!

image.jpeg

I think I would ask for a replacement, for the mat behind the driver's seat.  (sorry Roger)

(but then you might not be as fussy as me, heehe)

image.jpeg

I would also offer to pay shipping for both parts, to help offset the hassle of my obsession with things being parallel.

I would then order up a pair of these clips.  I carefully removed one from a 320i at the yard and installed it on the driver's strap, but I should move it to the passenger side; because telling the passenger to grab the belt before closing the door is more of a pain than simply doing that myself.  Then again, I don't have many passengers : / 

BMW Clamping - Genuine BMW 72111862636
BMW Clamping - Genuine BMW 72111862636 - additional view BMW Clamping - Genuine BMW 72111862636 - additional view

BMW Clamping - Genuine BMW 72111862636

COOP,

Not hating on your mats, but the diagonal-ness of the pattern on the pass front and d/s rear mats would make me crazy. Maybe they wanted to add a touch of the 70's for authenticity... But hey, lucky for you you're not a detail freak, or anything like that! 

Seems many of the repro parts from the Fatherland these days include a touch of lameness.

Bob

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Please feel free to point out any innacuracies in the article or to heckle & jeer (especially you, Conserv/Steve!) about anything not up to snuff on the car. I expect it from this discerning group and that would actually be helpful as I strive to get the car ready for The Quail in August.

since you asked...

I would source an oem shift boot that fits the lever tightly and pulls the bottom off the flange when you shift.

Then I would cut a 3/4" rubber band off a wheel barrow inner tube to hold the bottom on.

The judges will not see the rubber band, but you might lose a couple points for that loose neck.

Oh, how I love to heckle and jeer, when the overall quality is perfectly clear.

Quaility?

Tom

I have those in the '71 and they are very nice; even after many years of use.

Tobacco interior.jpg

I won a set of blue/black CocoMats at MidAm two years ago.  I installed them in the '75 and the sun has faded the blue in less than a year's time... not impressed with that at all. :(

Thanks for the reminder to where to get them... I'll get a set for the '72 when I start re-doing the interior.

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

21 minutes ago, bob02 said:

COOP,

Not hating on your mats, but the diagonal-ness of the pattern on the pass front and d/s rear mats would make me crazy. Maybe they wanted to add a touch of the 70's for authenticity... But hey, lucky for you you're not a detail freak, or anything like that! 

Seems many of the repro parts from the Fatherland these days include a touch of lameness.

Bob

Trust me, Bob, already working on getting them swapped out! No way I could live with that...

COOP