• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trims around rear side glass

DeanR32

Morning all

I'm nearing the stage where I'll be bolting bits back on the car, but as I never had this car whole, I'm not sure I've got all the trim pieces that go around the side windows. 

I've bought all the rubber seal parts (I think), and I've got two old front doors which have trim on the top of them (one is missing the silver piece though), but how about the rear windows? Apart from the rubber seal around the frame of the window and the piece on the B pillar, what else was there? Is there an aluminium piece that runs round the top part of the recess like the piece that goes round the front door opening? 

if anyone has a photo of the C pillar area, to show me what's covered in trim, and what's bare, I'd be eternally grateful too!

Cheers

No there isn't such aluminum piece. Do you have the vertical rubber seal and the metal hinge part that goes under it? Installation is tricky but you can find some helpful pictures. Here is a link for example dagsites.

Tommy

Edited by Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Cheers for the reply. 

I I have the vertical rubber, but not the other piece. I best pick a couple up

so the window bracket, vertical rubber, a seal to go round the rest of the frame, and a trim along the bottom horizontal edge? There's a few river size holes for something along the bottom edge

and I'll keep that dagsites page open on my phone. That will certainly come in handy!

Edited by DeanR32

Yep, the lower aluminum trim rivets directly to the body.  It's a good idea to use some sort of sealant around those rivets- they're

a 5- year solution at best, because they desperately want to become a battery and oxidize away...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

There's definitely an aluminum bottom piece that's riveted to the body which anchors the rubber trim...I just cut mine off carefully (the rivets that is)and will be drilling out the body rivets to replace it with screws down the road.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS