Sign in to follow this  
Koblenz

Franklin NC. Anyone?

11 posts / 817 viewsLast Reply

Looking for suitable accommodations for end of April. There will be five of us (1 E30 and 4 02s).  Our group does an annual road trip to a destination that has some nice roads.

Looking at places to with a reasonable price, 4 bedrooms in or close to Franklin.

Any help would be appreciated.

At the end of April the season really hasn't started yet so all your typical accommodation options may not be available. Use the Internet to see if you can't find a B&B that could accomodate your group. If nothing pans out the Dillard House has enough accomodations  that they hosted the MG Club National meet a few years ago. Regardless of where you stay don't fail to drive to Highlands, on both the South loop off 441 and the North side coming back to Franklin on 64. Of course if you have enough time plan on visiting the Tail of the Dragon.  

Thank Russ, Gary.

Waiting to hear back from one place.  Will def look up the Dillard House.  And we will hit Highland and all the roads.  We "Flat-landers" can not get enough driving "up north."

It's been several years since I've been there but the Dillard House was very nice then.  Good food too.

I have a time share week in Sky Valley GA. located between Franklin and the Dillard House!  I also have two weeks in Hilton Head. I can try to swap weeks and get you two units for April at Sky Valley for just the maintenance fees.  PM me if you are interested.

Dave

Dave, you have PM. Thank you very much for your kind offer.

Dave,

Thank you very much.  In an effort to enlist the help of the other travelers we all called any potential source.

I don't know if Bill or Dave were able to contact you today while Karl and I were at work.  That said my first lead called back and we were able to secure a rental.

I can not over emphasize how kind and considerate of you to offer us assistance.  You make the 02 community a stronger more unified group.  My sincere gratitude.  I want to personally thank you here on the forum.

If you or anyone else would like to meet up for a drive please join us.  Gary, we are coming from Florida.  You know, the land of interstates.

cleardot.gif

No problem!  Glad you found a place.  Good driving roads are  Rt 64 westbound to 106 and 246 through Sky Valley to Dillard.  Black Rock Mountain State Park is another great GA park with a nice windy road.

We will check them out.  Who knows, maybe run into a faq member