• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weber 32/36 fuel and water hose questions

doslucero

I recently purchased a 1976 2002.  The weber 32/36 carb was off the motor so I rebuilt it.  When putting it back on the vehicle, I'm a bit confused as to where certain hoses go.  I don't live in California so I don't need all the emissions stuff but there are some funky splits going on with some of the hoses and top hole on the water choke connected to the weber carb is plugged.  Please see the write up I did in the three attachments below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

FYI, not all these photos are of my vehicle.  Only photos 3 and 6 are my car. 

post-49668-0-73572400-1449502669_thumb.j

post-49668-0-53643900-1449502679_thumb.j

post-49668-0-58187000-1449502709_thumb.j

The hose in picture #1 is capped off because they are running a bypass between the water pump and the heater, and not running coolant through the intake manifold, (for duel carbs, lynx manifold or Weber manifold.  If you are running all the coolant connections to the manifold, the red hose in photo 2 connects to the connector circled in photo #1. The other hose on the carb connects to the nipple under the carb on the manifold, black hose in picture #1.

The gas line can run directly from the fuel pump to the carb.  The three way valve can be removed, it allowed gas to flow back to the tank through the connection in picture #5.

The Hose in 6 should not be split into a 3-way, it should connect your intake manifold to your brake booster, with a one-way valve.  The hose is specific to this application, re-enforced with wire to keep it from collapsing.

Others may have additional comments...

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Thank you so much for the reply Mark.  That helps a lot and you answered pretty much all of my questions.  One last thing I'm still confused about is the last sentence you wrote about pictures 1 and 2.  You said, "the other hose on the carb connects to the nipple under the carb on the manifold, black hose in picture 1".  Did you mean the black hose in picture 2?  Below is a picture of my carb and choke unit.  The red hose is coming from the same place as picture one on my original post, that goes to the bottom choke connector one the carb (red arrow).  Then the other hose with the blue arrow (which comes from the nipple under the carb on the manifold) goes to the top choke connector which is covered in the picture.  After this I should be good correct? 

Thanks again. 

post-49668-0-21731900-1449522389_thumb.j

Thank you so much for the reply Mark.  That helps a lot and you answered pretty much all of my questions.  One last thing I'm still confused about is the last sentence you wrote about pictures 1 and 2.  You said, "the other hose on the carb connects to the nipple under the carb on the manifold, black hose in picture 1".  Did you mean the black hose in picture 2?  Below is a picture of my carb and choke unit.  The red hose is coming from the same place as picture one on my original post, that goes to the bottom choke connector one the carb (red arrow).  Then the other hose with the blue arrow (which comes from the nipple under the carb on the manifold) goes to the top choke connector which is covered in the picture.  After this I should be good correct? 

Thanks again. 

Yes, you are correct, I meant the black hose on picture #2.  The connections at the carb shouldn't really matter. The hose from the intake manifold flows into the carb housing (top connector?), and returns to the connection on the block (circled in red picture #1) from the carb housing (Bottom connector?).  The hot water in the water housing on the carb heats the choke spring which slowly opens the flaps on the top of the carb.  Once you have it all back together and running, you will need to check the choke operation and adjust if needed.

You will also need to sort out that brake booster hose, it has the wrong check valve and wrong hose.

Thanks,

Mark

post-33686-0-90942700-1449528306.jpg

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)