• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New '02 Owner

Hello 2002FAQ!

I just joined the forums and wanted to introduce myself.  After driving and tuning Subarus for the last 10 years, I decided I wanted something 'cooler'. 

After a ton of research, I drove (and purchased) my first 2002 this weekend!  It is a super clean 1970 2002 with an S14 swap from Phil C. here in Colorado (I believe he goes by uxoman on the forums.)

I am very excited to learn more about these great little cars!  :)

post-47396-0-15049900-1404803801_thumb.j

1972 2002

1970 2002 'M2'

Not bad for a red car

:D

Seriously, very nice and well-bought! Welcome to the club!

(and I do like verona)

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Phil is a project guy.  I visited his garage when the conversion was in progress. I imagine his on to another something.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Thanks all.  Yeah, Phil is in the unexploded ordinance disposal business, and since he has all his limbs and fingers I reckon he is pretty good at it!

I've started some minor tinkering (fixing some rattles, cleaning up wiring, etc.), but I am sure I will be asking lots of questions here as I start tackling some more ambitious items (like how to fix the odometer on a metric gauge cluster!)

1972 2002

1970 2002 'M2'

Repairing the odometer is pretty easy...find "Odometergears.com" on the internet.  They have all the stuff you need to get your odometer working correctly again--both parts and help.  Not a difficult job, just precise.

Nice car, btw--and welcome to the fraternity/sorority

cheers

mike 

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite