• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 5 Speed Drive Shaft Experience

Conway

There is a steel 'face' cast into the sleeve in each hole through the guibo that alternates for either nut or flange as you go around by rotation (I forget which one gets the face but this is what the arrow determine).

I had to look at the picture a few times to see the arrows. They are more triangles than arrows really. 

What I don't understand is the ones without arrows. How do they work and are they better/ worse than the ones with arrows?

Edited by Simeon

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

There is a steel 'face' cast into the sleeve in each hole through the guibo that alternates for either nut or flange as you go around by rotation (I forget which one gets the face but this is what the arrow determine).

I had to look at the picture a few times to see the arrows. They are more triangles than arrows really. 

What I don't understand is the ones without arrows. How do they work and are they better/ worse than the ones with arrows?

Ive never seen a 6 bolt guibo without arrows... 8 bolt guibos do not have them and i assume direction doesnt matter on an 8 bolt as long as you install and torque BEFORE removing metal band

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Go to the link (i think it is photobucket) and view the photo in full size.  The arrows are there!

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I don't actually know how much the differential will move forward or backward.

about 8mm.  Or so.

Sometimes, you can get another 2mm out of the motor.

Sometimes, not so much.

t

Edited by TobyB

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Ive never seen a 6 bolt guibo without arrows... 8 bolt guibos do not have them and i assume direction doesnt matter on an 8 bolt as long as you install and torque BEFORE removing metal band

Ahhh I assumed that both 6 and 8 bolt versions came in either 'arrows' or 'no arrows' versions. Didn't realise that 8 bolts only came in 'no arrows' - never seen a 6 bolt in the flesh. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

• 1 month later...

about 8mm.  Or so.

Sometimes, you can get another 2mm out of the motor.

Sometimes, not so much.

t

. You might also consider what happens if someone over torques the transmission output nut.  I had this happen during a guibo install to >100 ft lbs and it pulled the output gear shaft too far back to stay in gear. I have a post on the experience and a new getrag 245 install.

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!