• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Part In Engine Bay!

kimerpof

I have a unknown part located in the front right of the engine bay behind the right headlight. It has one hose connected to a small radiator located in front of the main radiator. The other part of the hose is not connected and I'm wondering where that goes also? Thanks

Someone on here will tell you exactly what it is, but without resorting to Google and having never seen an 02 with AC I would call it the receiver drier thingy. You can see the little sight glass on top used to give an indication of how much refrigerant you have by looking for bubbles during operation. As the hoses have been cut I suspect it is unserviceable due to the likely ingress of dust and dirt.

Edited by Justin99

Even if you were to reinstall A/C in your car, you'd need a new receiver/drier since that one's been open to the atmosphere for who knows how long...

It'll make a pretty good splash in CD's neighbor's pool...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite