• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000Ca Pedal Box

fsf517

Seems like your job would be easier with an NK pedal box, of which there must be many available. Are you planning single or dual carbs? This will determine which pedal box to locate.

I'm sure someone here on da board has an extra!

1962 BMW 700 Cabriolet "The Mighty Cabriolet"

My 2000 sedan was converted from automatic to 5 speed without changing the pedal box by a prior owner. They just used a longer bolt to hold the clutch pedal, works fine without the extra mounting lever.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Oh, thanks. All good information. I'm not too far along yet, so I still have time think on it. It's still in the paint shop as an empty shell. I like the idea of fitting the extra pedal. Does dual carbs make for a different set up? Remember the NK does not put the gas pedal with the brake pedal.

Pedal arrangement the same between single and dual carbs. The difference is the length of the booster mounting tube. It's short for single carb, allowing the larger diameter booster to fit between the manifold and the firewall. For dual carbs, the tube is longer, so that the smaller "tii" -style booster fits under the two carbs.

1962 BMW 700 Cabriolet "The Mighty Cabriolet"

So like Hans said, I can add the pedal. Do you know what pedals may be compatible ? Or easiest to add?

Quite honestly Andy , this car probably should be left as an automatic, but I'm undecided. And still have time to think on it. Thanks, fred

Better peek in there to see if there are empty brackets. It may be trans specific, which would mean major excavations (booster, etc.). Looks like the brake pedal is different, so you'd need those too at minimum. It may be a bigger job than meets the eye. Having said that, a 5 speed overdrive conversion would be nice if you plan to keep the car.

Edited by Hans

Hans got curious and according to realoem, there are different pedal panels for auto and manual, with different booster arrangement. Its worth looking at your car, but if true, it would be much easier accessing a manual parts car. I'd be tempted to do the 5 speed OD swap while the car is stripped. The auto is going to be glacier-like and if that sucker acts up, it would not be cost effective to repair it. If memory serves, the auto driveshaft  front section was about the length you need, but not the flange. But I'd have to consult the Blue Book for that one.

I'm anxiously awaiting for the paint shop. I'm not sure if I mentioned that I purchased this car disassembled with what appears to be almost all the parts, including a brand new booster and master cylinder, so not sure if those are useful in the 5 speed. I still have plenty of time while to decide while putting this thing together, which looks challenging in itself. I appreciate all the pointers, they are storing in my brain. I'm enjoying the process. I have a new wood set coming soon, that's exciting.

Did you rebuild your heater box? That's what I'm doing now.

Now a good time to do the heater box. If you have an original heater valve with brass innards, you can get O-ring from a good bearing store. The rubber bits by the hoses are available - 2002?

As to pedals, etc., its easier to do that prior to assembling the interior. CS used a different booster than C to clear twin carbs. I'm not sure how much interchanges with NK sedans - Realoem.com is a good reference.