• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts Id Help

gliding_serpent2
Go to solution Solved by jgerock,

• Solution

I believe the first piece is a protector that bolts to the rear of the outer seat rail so back seat passengers won't damage their shoes (or toes).

2nd piece looks like the accelerator pedal securing clip.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I believe the first piece is a protector that bolts to the rear of the outer seat rail so back seat passengers won't damage their shoes (or toes).

2nd piece looks like the accelerator pedal securing clip.

Hmmm... Maybe that is why i heel toed my accelerator pedal off its mounts at the track...

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

Jim is correct on the first part--they were cheap plastic that split, allowing the part to fall off fairly early in the car's life.  That's why you find 'em under the seats. 

The second piece is the clip that holds the vertical accelerator rod to the horizontal bellcrank--both parts are in the engine compartment.  Always a good piece to carry as a spare "just in case."

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Jim is correct on the first part--they were cheap plastic that split, allowing the part to fall off fairly early in the car's life.  That's why you find 'em under the seats. 

The second piece is the clip that holds the vertical accelerator rod to the horizontal bellcrank--both parts are in the engine compartment.  Always a good piece to carry as a spare "just in case."

mike

I suspect this is not the spare... And was never replaced for the rebuild.

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)