Sudden Pulling To The Left Post Braking.

gliding_serpent2

Tracked my car 2 weeks ago.  Did not drive it much since (maybe 30 min drive 2 days ago).  I am driving to work this am and suddenly after moderate braking the car starts pulling to drivers left.  I engage the brakes a few more times and it settles and soon disappears.  Not long later the same thing again post breaking.  This time a slight pull left remains.  No obvious squeal.  No big bumps hit.   I pull over and front calipers are cool and both rear drums are equally mildly warm.  It is a cool morning.  I did not get a good look at the pads.   A solid 1.5 hour sporting back road drive later with no issues at all. 

My theory is brake dust in the pins and the front calipers getting mildly stuck.  I plan to disassemble, polish the pins as needed, and re-grease. 

Any other thoughts?

UPDATE: brake lines are brand new stainless that were installed the week before track use. 

I would agree with it getting sticky. since it pulls to the left after you release the brakes, I would investigate the left caliper and hoses.

edit: as mentioned above , check hose condition as well. sometimes they deteriorate enough to collapse internally and not allow the pressure to be released.

- Pads were not replaced post track, although I do have a new set of potterfield R4-s pads to install when I get new front rotors.  Ample pad left on the fronts. 

- brand new stainless lines the week prior to using it at the track

- unsure about caliper seals being old or new.  Brakes were given a thorough check this spring. 

p.s. in an older post I used to have slight brake dive, but that was 100% fixed with the new lines. 

Archived