• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Source For '02 Sheetmetal

Napes

A bit more costly than the European places, but might work out cheaper for you guys in the US, especially if you only want one part.

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

Hey guys! Just thought I'd check in here and say hi! We're really excited to be getting into this. Personally I'm a huge BMW fan (admittedly more the E30 side) and it's going to be good to give back to the community.

If you have any questions please call me, I like to keep open communication with everyone.

Well he's listed a "project" both here and on r3v.  Hope we'll see less of the cheesy sales tactics and more of some genuinely good body panels.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/142496-restoration-designs-first-bmw/

Sorry AceAndrew! I don't really want to be like, "HEY YOU! BUY OUR PARTS!" so I thought putting up our build would be a little more fun for everyone!

And don't worry, from one BMW guy to another, you will like this stuff.

9615097809_28bd2143e7_o.jpg

Howdy!  I was looking through all the stuff listed, and couldn't quite fit what I need.  My windshield frame is pretty rusted, especially at the bottom of the driver's side A-Pillar.  I put a wanted ad here with some pics (http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/141150-windshield-frame-non-rusty-whole-or-in-pieces/?hl=windshield#entry929749 ), but haven't had much luck yet, and folks stopped responding. 

I can't tell from your pic of the A-pillar replacement piece, but do you happen to have what I need, and I'm not seeing it?

Thanks for all the help!

Kevin Funk

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Howdy!  I was looking through all the stuff listed, and couldn't quite fit what I need.  My windshield frame is pretty rusted, especially at the bottom of the driver's side A-Pillar.  I put a wanted ad here with some pics (http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/141150-windshield-frame-non-rusty-whole-or-in-pieces/?hl=windshield#entry929749 ), but haven't had much luck yet, and folks stopped responding. 

I can't tell from your pic of the A-pillar replacement piece, but do you happen to have what I need, and I'm not seeing it?

Thanks for all the help!

Kevin Funk

Oh wow Kevin! That looks like quite the job! Unfortunately that's not a part we're offering yet, but I've noted it down as a part that we could make in the future. Do you think if we were to make the corners of the wind shield frame, that would be sufficient?

For example, we make this for the Porsche 911/912.

I'll be needing fenders and possibly lower skins for both doors.  I'm curious to know how the parts compare to genuine BMW....

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold

Sorry AceAndrew! I don't really want to be like, "HEY YOU! BUY OUR PARTS!" so I thought putting up our build would be a little more fun for everyone!

And don't worry, from one BMW guy to another, you will like this stuff.

No sweat Malcolm,  I'm genuinely excited by what your doing, just the fact that your parts sound like they'll do a good job selling themselves. 

I have the feeling I am going to become a customer very soon. Looking forward to a visit.

It could even become the destination of an 02 group drive.

Yes please. We are always happy to have fellow car enthusiasts come visit us. (Secretly, I want to organize some BMW related events in the Guelph area, since there seems to be very little.)

Oh wow Kevin! That looks like quite the job! Unfortunately that's not a part we're offering yet, but I've noted it down as a part that we could make in the future. Do you think if we were to make the corners of the wind shield frame, that would be sufficient?

For example, we make this for the Porsche 911/912.

Possibly that would be enough, but I don't know yet.  I'm sure the corners are the worst part, but I won't know until I pull the windshield. 

It seems there are other guys with similar rust, but I'm not sure of how much potential market there is for similar parts.  My car spent most of its life in Hawaii, and got a lot of salt air blown across it from the trade winds.  No rust on the bottom like you'd see in a midwestern car exposed to road salt, but the window frames are bad.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser