• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Pa 02 Bridge Run

Dave_PA

When thinking of Western PA, some people think of some of the best sports teams, Three Rivers converging together, or some of the last inclines left in the world. What we sometimes forget is that Western PA has a large inventory historically significant bridges as well as one of the most beautiful structures that Frank Lloyd Wright ever built, Fallingwater.

This year Ryan and I are planning the first annual Western PA 02 Bridge Run on a Saturday in August. We have a planned route to see some of the most beautiful places in western PA, in an 02. Ryan who is a Structural Engineer who enjoys a good bridge now and then has picked out a few that we will go over and check out along the journey.

The idea right now is that we are going to go on a southern PA route, stopping at a few bridges, followed by lunch in the OhioPyle area and a tour of Falling water. After Fallingwater the plan is to enjoy another one or two more bridges before ending up somewhere around Somerset where we are looking for a local B&B to have dinner and stay the night. We can then have breakfast in the AM together and head on our own ways.

We are still working out the route but as of now this is what we were thinking. We wanted to get an idea of interest to see more about lunch & a place for the night.

So charge up your short wave walkie talkies, and get ready for a day of fun driving in your 02 enjoying the beautiful scenery, good people and awesome cars.

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

Great plan, Dave! I'd love to drag my wife along on this, but since our daughter was just born in January, I don't think a couple's getaway will be in the cards quite yet. I may be able to sneak away for just the day, though (with or without her); please keep me posted!

-The other Dave with a Colorado 2002 in Pittsburgh

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Dave! Congrats on the new Hoovler! We are keeping it close to pgh so that we can either stay the night or make our way home. Since we don't know how many people can make it, we are trying to keep it flexible.

Harv you thinking about coming down? That would be awesome if you guys could make it. It's been way too long.

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

My I laws live in Enon Vally. That's over by Newcastle. I'm my dreams, we could stage from their house. Bring the e30 or the 912.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

John,

New castle is only about an hour away taking 376/76 south. We haven't firmed up a start time only that if we start from here, it is easier to do a light breakfast and head out on a southern route together to falling water.

Do you think you'd bring the e30 or the 912?

Either way it would be great to see you.

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

Quick update.  Here is our preliminary route, pending a recon drive, and a couple of pictures of the bridges we'll see.  Trust me, you'll want to see these bridges and their settings in person!

Here is the google maps URL:  http://goo.gl/maps/W1sRB

Here is the link to the hotel we are thinking of staying at:  http://www.ligoniercountryinn.com/

post-42320-0-55780000-1367263590_thumb.j

post-42320-0-50686900-1367263746_thumb.j

post-42320-0-93166200-1367263766_thumb.j

Ryan

'75 Pastellblau "ol blue"

Ryan,

The route looks awesome. I love that it's setup so that after the last bridge those who cannot stay overnight can head back home, or for those who would like the stay and enjoy dinner and amenities, they can as a group.

Well done man!

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0