• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autosport Labs Tach Adapter Worked!

beast02er

I'm not sure if anyone has posted yet on actually installing the autosport labs tach adapter, but I thought i'd give it a try at $10 + $5 shipping. It looked a lot cleaner than the basic diode soldered in with the wiring like most do......so yah.

BUT, sucess!! I have a nice clean smooth tach signal, looks to not have any issues. Just thought i'd share.

http://www.autosportlabs.net/TachAdapter

-Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

I was able to wire my tach directly to my megajolt ecu and it works fine. However when I purchased my megajolt I purchased a teach adapter because I used assumed it wouldn't work I figured this out by back probing pin 10 on the megajolt ecu with a dvom and it was reading my rpm. I was tripping out on how small the teach adapter is about the size of a sim card

I was able to wire my tach directly to my megajolt ecu and it works fine. However when I purchased my megajolt I purchased a teach adapter because I used assumed it wouldn't work I figured this out by back probing pin 10 on the megajolt ecu with a dvom and it was reading my rpm. I was tripping out on how small the teach adapter is about the size of a sim card

please say more... did you just use the tach output on the megajolt? I'm looking for a solution myself. 

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

• 1 month later...

if m42 uses coil on plug you probably wouldnt want to employ megajolt because of the wasted spark characteristic it uses. but if m42 uses a "motronic style" ignition then you would want to use megajolt. im a firm believer that megajolt is only for things that used to have a distributor. otherwise you start "stacking ECU's" better to have just one ECU  such as MS, Electromotive, Haltech etc.etc. running the your engine management system

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure if anyone has posted yet on actually installing the autosport labs tach adapter, but I thought i'd give it a try at $10 + $5 shipping. It looked a lot cleaner than the basic diode soldered in with the wiring like most do......so yah.

BUT, sucess!! I have a nice clean smooth tach signal, looks to not have any issues. Just thought i'd share.

http://www.autosportlabs.net/TachAdapter

-Bryan

red73

Would you mind explaining how you hooked it up? I am trying to connect it to my M42 swap but cannot get it going by hooking up coil1 to the ecu rpm output and the tach output on the adapter to the black wire for the tach. Does each of the coils have to be connected to the adapter individually? I am getting no answers on the autosportlabs forum..... Thanks.

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit

06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd - garage queen *  73 Mustang Convertible 351C 

15 VW Touareg V6 Executive - daily driver * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg