• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks FAQ For Advice On Pedal Box Project.

I finally had a chance to reassemble my pedal box. It really is a joy to finish the job and see the results. It was so filthy under there.

I followed a lot of FAQ advice, but not always. I got caught a few times and had to redo some work.

A couple of lessons learned.

Gas pedal linkage goes in AFTER the box is in place!

Rubber cover glued to box BEFORE install. That way the frame rail side is guaranteed to fit properly. I used 3M marine glue liberally to coat inner surface of rubber cover and let it sit to cure for 2 months (not on purpose, couldn’t get back to the job).

Mastic caulking can be messy. Don’t use too much.

I’m quite happy with the new rubber cover. It’s solid and has a tough skin on it. I know in my lifetime that it will hold up. Besides, my car doesn’t go out in bad weather anymore. The days of driving it in the snow, slush, and heavy rain are in the past for this car. Fingers crossed that I don’t have any more fluid leaks.

The last winter endeavor is to re-install the hydraulics on the top end. Booster, new hoses and MC are on the bench and ready to go.

Pressure bleeder is my next purchase! Looking forward to it.

Cheers.

2zix250.jpg

20gms6h.jpg

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Paul, your tech tip on this subject is what gave me the nudge to do this job.

I never would have guessed about the slotted top end of the box. I would have pulled that long bolt out. I followed MOST of your instructions. The rest I had to learn the hard way. :-(

Thanks for writing that.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Poon, have we met?

Didn't even realize you were in Vancouver! Haha.

I think I recall bumping in to you at the German Car Fest show in North Van a couple years ago. You had your car on the lawn?

Either way, I will finally be there this year with my 2002. It now runs. Haha

IMG_5202-1-1.jpg

1976 2002 - Mintgrun

1986 535i - Bronzit