• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At Last! BMW 2002 Restorers Reference book arrived today

eastsidebimmer

After many years of waiting, my pre-order of the BMW 2002 Restorers Reference landed on the doorstep this afternoon! -- I should be busy for a few days---it looks like a fantastic resource for those looking to stay or return to "original." Also very nice to see shout outs to FAQ contributors or car owners in the introduction.

51ROa85MegL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--

After many years of waiting, my pre-order of the BMW 2002 Restorers Reference landed on the doorstep this afternoon!

Yup. I got mine too, haven't opened it yet. I don't expect to be doing a real restoration; more of a "repair" and "maintenance" kind of guy here, but I suspect it'll still have lots of good info in it.

I'm wondering if this is the book I preordered through Amazon maybe 2 years ago and have heard nothing more about - until now?

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

Guest Anonymous

Great book! I learned that my car (early US 71) was in the small group of 740 cars with a build date Jan71. Also noticed that this group of cars aren't described as having the early shorty bumpers with the higher side trim at the crease of the doors. Note that book is printed in China.

Guest Anonymous

Great book! I learned that my car (early US 71) was in the small group of 740 cars with a build date Jan71. Also noticed that this group of cars aren't described as having the early shorty bumpers with the higher side trim at the crease of the doors. Note that book is printed in China.

Received mine within 2 days of ordering from Amazon (there is a huge Amazon distribution warehouse in Hazleton, PA). Glad there are multiple sections to keep the European and USA cars separated.

Lots of excellent reading material and pictures. Glad I finally own a copy after a 2 year wait.

Reading in the front Introduction, I was sad to hear Mike MaCartney has retired and wasn't able to work with James on this book. On the other hand, it was nice to read about folks here that were involved or provided some assistance with the book (Mike Self, Tom Jones, Bill Riblett, Mike Pugh, Jeffrey Kok, Richard Sterns and Dirk De Groen) and the cars used for the photography (listing on page 8).

Jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"