• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

James Taylor BMW 2002 REFERENCE PREORDER!

Dejammey

. MidlifeClassicCars.com Stock number B04019

$25.00 Preorder price. Retail price $40.00 + $6 Shipping no matter how many books you order in the USA. We do ship out of the country. Click Here To Preorder.

MidlifeClassicCars.com is excited to announce that we are taking preorders for James Taylor's new book THE RESTORER'S REFERENCE BMW 2002 1968-1976. The publisher told us that we will receive these books by early February, if not sooner. As a special thank you to BMW2002FAQ.com for helping me keep my 2002s on the road for the past 7 years, I am offering an early Preorder price of $25.00.

Here is some info:

Dimensions 10.9" L x 8.5" W x 0.8" H

Illustrations COLOR

Pages 160

The 2002 is one of BMW's most successful models of all time. The '02, as it is known by enthusiasts, was produced from 1968 to 1976, with more than 800,000 examples built. A surprising number of these are still on the roads, as the little Bimmer has proven itself a reliable as well as stylish performer. Collector's Originality Guide BMW 2002 provides restorers, collectors, and enthusiasts all the key information necessary to correctly refurbish these classic German coupes. As the value of these cars continues to rise, it's more important than ever to ensure accuracy in restoration and preservation. From exterior colors to the myriad small details of the engine and interior, The Restorer's Reference BMW 2002 1968-1976 covers all of the details that add up to a correct, original car.

post-2261-1366766793855_thumb.jpg

post-2261-13667667939608_thumb.jpg

post-2261-13667667940481_thumb.jpg

post-2261-1366766794136_thumb.jpg

For those of us that preorder this book several years ago, do we need to preorder again?

Depends on who you ordered it from. I canceled all of my old preorders from over a year ago.

I also don't see you in in our system Bill.

Several of us here pre-ordered a while ago then when the follow-up e-mails asked repeatedly to "keep me on the list" I did so for a while then gave up. I'm not ordering one of these books until someone actually takes delivery. In my opinion, not a very good method of selling books.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Congratulations on getting your book out. Had to be a real labor of love.

Did your book have peer review by any of the more knowledgable people on our cars - some that come to mind are Creighton Demarest, Mike Self, Bill Williams, Rob Torres, and Carl Nelson - though there are many others as well? I'd think this would be an important aspect prior to publishing.

I do look forward to getting a copy soon.

Bob Napier

So when will it actually ship? Do not feel you should have taken personal info including credit card numbers and addresses on form you linked unless you had assured shipping date. Please clarify for myself and other members on this trusted forum. Thank you.

T.R.

Jim, I am tight with the publisher and he let me know personally that there were issues with the book before it went to print. The book has been delayed prior to now for that reason. The issues have since been resolved. I have received verbal and written confirmation that the books are at the printer right now and we will be receiving these books in to ship the first of February. Thank you for your patience, I am excited to get this book in stock and offer it at such a good price. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

So when will it actually ship? Do not feel you should have taken personal info including credit card numbers and addresses on form you linked unless you had assured shipping date. Please clarify for myself and other members on this trusted forum. Thank you.

T.R.

T.R. - We have received confirmation from our publisher and the book is currently at the printer. MidlifeClassicCars.com is excited to take pre-orders on this book to ensure our customers get a copy as soon as they are made available in early February. Unfortunately, we cannot take orders without payment and shipping information. We do not process your credit card until the order is processed and and shipped. Our system only stores credit card information for individual orders, and automatically deletes the card information once the order has been processed and shipped. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions.