• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Options for outer door felts

algon

Hey all,

I'm looking for an option or alternative as a replacement for the outer door felts that sweep the glass. It sits under the outer chrome door trim just below the rubber wiper. As you might guess - NLA.

Maybe someone here has found, I don't know, say a VW part that will work? If someone has one or two used they would be willing to part with I'd be interested.

Here are a couple pics of the better of the two I have.

post-19298-13667667770581_thumb.jpg

post-19298-13667667773965_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a set of four from the guys over at bimmer.com

just under 140 dollars total, shipped, to my door. email them and they should set you up.

Pricy, but I looked into buying the felt and doings them myself and the time and effort it would take was not worth it; too thin a felt and the window will wobble, too thick and it will bind. Seals are not a place you really want to cheap out on, so OEM or go home.

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

I actually bought number one thinking it was a needed gasket. It slip fits into something. I asked blunt and we searched every option but we could not figure it out

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

I actually bought number one thinking it was a needed gasket. It slip fits into something. I asked blunt and we searched every option but we could not figure it out

Could it be the seal that slips into the plastic threshold that sits at the bottom of the door opening?

You can buy the entire assembly brand new for about $110 each

Well I was hoping not to have to pay that much. I already bought the rubber glass wipes and installed them into my chrome strips so that would have been a waste.

So once again....anyone have a used one in decent shape they would part with?

For the moment and cheap, $6.00. I used the felt strip intended for a Triumph Spitfire. It can be "fitted" into the opening intended for the oem felt. So far, so good.

Have been to about a dozen spitfire sites since reading your reply to my post but no luck in finding a fuzzy felt that looks even close. How about another hint...Thanks