• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help- Flickering lights

MicahDolen

...Yes I searched.

My head lights and dash lights are flickering. They do it more at idle but also at higher RPM.

I have check all my grounds. I have installed separate relays for high and low beams. I also have a 320 alternator and a fresh optima battery.

It was a used alternator, can the flicker come from the alternator itself?

Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks

Voltage Regulator? Have you used a voltmeter to check how much the car is doing at idle?

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

Like Konrad said. Check the volt. reg in your 320 alt. It's SUPER easy to get to you should be able to do it w/out taking anything off the car. I'm almost positive that it's 2 phillips head screws.

If it's bad, it will be pretty obvious. If they are bad call blunt. the part is cheap so buy two (one for a spare)...Trust me on this...

ALSO before you start the car up, throw the battery on a charger and get it all juiced up.

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0