• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3236 sucking

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My 3236 weber is filling with gas on secondary side after shutoff,

Gurgling sound, sucks for 5 min, til cool, then is very hard to start, hot,

Had to put electric booster pump in line.

What is going on?

Thanks dave

Sounds like you need a carb rebuild kit from pierce manifolds. Get the deluxe kit with power valve. Set float level according to what you'll find here on the forum and replace the float needle during rebuild. Should solve your hot start and gurgling problem.

You should not need a booster pump. You may be overwhelming your poor 32/36 with too much fuel pressure. Stock pump should work fine

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Hot restarts (after sitting for some time) with a carb can be caused by too much heat/high temp moving from the block to the intake manifold and finally to the carb and its float bowls (where the gas evaporates). Order a phenolic carb spacer to insulate the carb from the intake manifold to prevent such hard starting.

Hot restarts (after sitting for some time) with a carb can be caused by too much heat/high temp moving from the block to the intake manifold and finally to the carb and its float bowls (where the gas evaporates). Order a phenolic carb spacer to insulate the carb from the intake manifold to prevent such hard starting.

Ditto ^^^

Mine was completely absent. Installed one and viola, it starts easier AND there is a whole lot less fuel smell. I think it was about 5 bucks. Try blunt.

and search bmw faq weber 32 36 jetting. you'll find cdiesel's prescription for jetting and other changes, it works. also plug the hole he recommends, it could be part of your problem, fuel boiling from overheat (so heat sink e.g phenolic spacer) and flowing up the channel to the secondary side where you hear the sounds you describe. here is oversimplified drawing of location of hole to be plugged, i used jbweld.

good luck

Gale H

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)