• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to add horsepower?

TimCaruso26

Bram Stoker would be so proud of you Grice. I very much appreciate your original entry on the subject though, it is more of a Zen like celebration of your ability to drive, late break, double clutch, Apex corners, use the throttle to rotate the car and drive a nice smooth fast line.  It isn't teenage sexy, unless you appreciate the mental coolness of extreme understanding/confidence, that is real power of a very different kind.

I'd have to agree entirely with Marshall on this one, more track days and school.   Hell ---- auto crossing in the wet would probably make a huge difference. This is a great subject, it is so very much about a deeper celebration and understanding of life and quality. This sense of driver involvement, intelligent control, versus being a borderline passenger, goes right to the heart of the original 2002 mythology.

Of course I think it's a little more fun if there is a pair of 45 webers wide-open on a M10 devouring oxygen and gasoline. DSCN8518.JPGDSCN8527.JPGDSCN8526.JPGBut I am not fussy, turbo induction, double overhead cams and fuel injection also make me ridiculously happy.

All my best, Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

Turbo or go nitrous.

You can go as far as your wallet will take you.

But watch out for the bloodsuckers, and those guys who shovel coal for a living.  They're tough.

And appropriate, given the 'back from the dead' nature of this thread!

t

Edited by TobyB

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL