• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a pretty funny CL ad

jdt10768

not mine / the last couple sentences just struck me as funny, could be a good car

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3187202608.html

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

That is funny.

"Also selling my 2002 dodge caravan and my 34 foot 1977 houseboat. On potoons so no crappy steel hull issues. SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!!! I've dealt with enough jerk offs already."

Isn't a 10 year old caravan and a 40 year old houseboat the ultimate craigslist jerk off bait? Everyone just wanted to test drive my houseboat too.

Mike D

#73 2002 Racer...now with 20% more quack

Still to many parts....

I was very close to buying this car, so I must be one of the "jerk-offs". We were pretty much settled on it, and I was going to drive from Nashville and tow it back.

He was very accommodating up to a point, until my tow fell through, and I called him to ask about the possibility of driving it back (the car supposedly ran perfectly fine). He freaked out, hung up, sent me an insulting text message and told me never to contact him again. He said he would sell it to one of the 20 other people that were dying for it and 3 days later, he reposted this particular version of the ad.

I am fairly happy I did not end up driving 400 miles to most likely get ripped off. Has anyone checked this thing out?

I did get some so-so cell phone pics in addition to what he had online (he had pics in an earlier post going for 5k). It looked pretty good, aside from that dent and kinda ugly seat upholstery. But yea, the whole estate auction thing was kind of weird to me too.

And yes, he hung up and the following text he sent was really weird and agressive, so SOMETHING's gotta be going on there.

That is very kind of you (73colorado02) to do that for other members here on this forum, but please dont waste your time, unless you just want to go see the moron, in person for yourself. To see how funny or weird he is from the posts on here, I checked and there are NO pictures posted on craigslist like he said, he has to send from his cell phone, he also talks about moved into a new house and HOA is on his ass about so many cars in the driveway, if that is true? then why would he post in a diffrent add and this is what I found.

I have a 1968 BMW 2002 model. I have pictures on my cell to send you. I'm asking $3,500. FIRM! I will consider trades. Pick up truck, sports car, macked out golf cart, motorcycle, hand guns, guns, antiques, Whatcha got? but yet he wrote this as well:

I have a 1968 BMW 2002 model for sale. I have pictures posted on CL, just type 1968 bmw 2002 model into the search bar and they will come up. I also have great pictures on my cell phone. This is a really cool little car and this car is a rare find. New tires, battery, fuel filter, gas tank, This car has a small dent in the passenger door, Car cranks right up. The odometer is stuck at 100,000. miles. I was going to restore this cool little BMW but I travel the country with my new job and no time. Not to mention just moved into new house and HOA is all over my ass for having too many cars in the drive way. Also selling my 2002 dodge caravan and my 34 foot 1977 houseboat

To me, if what he is saying is true, which I know it is not, I would just sell the car and not take on anything else? And for me that is what I am doing, I am selling off my parts, and cars, since I cannt have them where I live. When I post on any forum, I am up front and honest, unlike this rambling idioit, what I gathered on what others have said, on the thread post, If you like please feel free to come see me and get some real deals and parts. I dont think anyone on this forum should buy this 1968 2002 listed, it just doesn't feel right to me from what I read on the listings and others have said.

Who knows I might want to call this"jerk-off" today myself since I am bored and need something to entertain me, and see how weird or funny this guy aka "jerk-off" really is and see if he hangs up on me as well like he has done to others!

Finally when a person uses words like : cool little car, cool little bmw, great pictures, or rare find, most time it is bullshit anyways, maybe the" jerk-offs" that he is talking about are not the problem, maybe it is him that is the "Jerk-off". I though I put my .02 cents in to the thread.