• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body Work Paint Bumper conversion Frame rails WHEELS

The car is looking great Scott. Can't wait to see it in person.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

It was hard to take pics in the dark garage, but here are a few. After I was able to wash it and then towel it off, I had a much better feel for the work. There are a few areas that need to be addressed by the shop. 2 areas we discussed yesterday, and another I discovered last night, but I am very happy with the over-all work he did. The body is straight and clean now.

Having fresh door brakes (the new style), new door handles with locks (that actually work on both sides), new headliner, almost all new trim and a clean body make it a whole new car.

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

We bead blasted a lot of parts that had been painted over by the previous owner

IMG_5293.jpg

bad spot on hood, he agreed to redo the entire hood.

IMG_5273.jpg

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Thanks Jim, the door seals were new a few years ago (bought them from Steve/Blunt), I lost a few lbs re-installing them. Working them back into that channel is a real workout.

Oh, I actually bought new door sill covers too, what a difference that makes.

The outer trim on the base of the door glass is also new, and B-Pillar chrome... and a lot of other pieces....

Scott

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Looks great! Now take it outside so we can see the whole thing! Awesome.

1972 Bavaria (sold)

1985 535i (sold)

1986 535i (sold)

1996 328is daily driver

1973 2002

1968 Porsche 912

1973 Triumph TR6

2 - 2012 Hotwheels BMW 2002s (Inka and Chamonix) 0 miles! (both are #21 of 247!!)

Thanks. I'm trying not to go overboard on the '69 regarding trim. Old scratched up trim will look bad on fresh paint job - just look at my tii.

yes, new clean trim definitely helps fresh paint. I had a new upper and lower trim set I was saving for the day I got the car repainted.

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Yea, the sun is actually out here, but forecast is 80% Tstorms by 11-2 at Larz. Doing a local ride around here with the wife, I tell her we are going out to breakfast in the '02 and it takes an hour to get to the place that takes 10 minutes from here with her car. Hmmm....back roads.

1972 Bavaria (sold)

1985 535i (sold)

1986 535i (sold)

1996 328is daily driver

1973 2002

1968 Porsche 912

1973 Triumph TR6

2 - 2012 Hotwheels BMW 2002s (Inka and Chamonix) 0 miles! (both are #21 of 247!!)

Got a cup of tea in me..... my neighbor must wonder why I'm taking pictures of my car in my slippers.

NOS Driver side wiper arm installed last ngiht, just rcvd from Henry Noble. (Thanks Henry)

The front diving board was also lifted back up and propped back in place. Used to sag, and was also loose, now back in position and very solid.

When I went into the garage this morning, it had a very strong smell of paint fumes, inside the car too. Had no idea in lingered that long.

IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5302.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

SiteNamecopy.jpg

WOW.....Just read/looked thru the entire post.....the car looks stunning!!! I absolutely love the color. Like you, the previous owner of my car did a low budget re-paint, not even opening the doors, hood or trunk! I have very little rust to deal with but more cleaning up what what done previously. Your results have inspired me to get started. Thanks for sharing.

D. Jeff Gomon     -    1970 BMW 2002
1991 BMW ///M5
2005 BMW X5 4.4i

2005 BMW 330Ci (ZHP)

WOW.....Just read/looked thru the entire post.....the car looks stunning!!! I absolutely love the color. Like you, the previous owner of my car did a low budget re-paint, not even opening the doors, hood or trunk! I have very little rust to deal with but more cleaning up what what done previously. Your results have inspired me to get started. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

SiteNamecopy.jpg