• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making Underhood Stickers, Emissions, Brake Fluid, Warning

M10Builder

Could someone pls provide us with a clear picture of any of the following underhood decals from an original 1976 clear enough that I can reproduce them with my printer ?

1. '76 California emissions routing sticker (drivers side)

2. Small Blue brake fluid sticker (Drivers side)

3. Black Timing and Tuning Sticker (Pass side near firewall)

4. Black tire pressure sticker (trust me, this is different for a 76)

5. Orange Warning! Sticker (late 76' English only version)

To my knowledge no one makes these to buy, similar stickers for #4 and #5 are available but not accurate for a 1976.

post-17987-13667653970038_thumb.jpg

If it's dry tomorrow I'll try to go outside and take some pics.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Why print them off wen you can just purchase the lot from CN at La Jolla independent or Blunt or Maximillian or 2002 AD or anyone else. Complete sets are like 30.00 or under depending on what you need and are exact reproductions, usually on 3M vinyl. Your printed off ones probably won't look as good as the repro's. JMHO.

BMW and stickers go together like...

After finding most all of the stickers for my 72tii from Carl Nelson's suitcase, I started the search for the ones on my E30M3. Even with a car made 16 years later some of the stickers in the pipeline are not exact matches for what is currently on the car.

I think I should probably order up stickers for my 2008 Mini while they may still be available in the original formats. Don't know if I will ever go through a restoration on tha car, but if I do, I'll be laughing all the way to the bodyshop...albiet 20 years from now.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Guest Anonymous

A fellow poster may have uploaded the schematic that you are looking for: Date: 12-11-11 03:54. Thread Topic: "Some misc. under the hood items and questions." Look on the second page of the '02 General Discussion. There is a graphic repro of the '76 CA sticker (#1) and a photo of it.

This morning (Sunday) I ran across the original Tire pressure sticker from my '75 while looking for something else on my work bench. It differs from what c.d. shows in that the whole 2002tii column is not there and the front and rear pressures for the "for load up to 3 persons" column shows both the front and rear at 26 psi, not the 28 front and 26 rear shown on the older stickers.

And, as M10Builder stated above, the original tire pressure sticker in my wife's '76 is an entirely different layout for the pressures. It's not like the older ones at all. I'd see if Jaymic has the ones for the '76s.

Bob Napier