• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upgraded 2002 accelerator pedal SS Heim Joint pull rod 66-76

harry6422

Here are a couple of pictures taken of my '75 automatic (my wife's '76 is the same) showing the straight rod and the top connection with about 1½" of top thread for adjustment.

The amount of adjustment you said your's have may be fine and I think the rod with the kink would work with automatics, unless there is an interference problem with the torque converter, which is obviously bigger than a manual tranny.

Bob Napier

post-17087-1366765221331_thumb.jpg

post-17087-13667652214712_thumb.jpg

post-144-1366765222963_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email sent and Paypal on the way for another throttle linkage!

Dennis

1975 BMW 2002 - Poly, coil overs, big brakes, rear IE springs, IE front/rear sway bars, turbo flares, strut braces F&R, limited slip, IE header, Recaro, stainless Magnaflo exhaust, rear spoiler, Minilites, 5 OD, etc.

Note: These are for manual tranny cars only - linkage is different on automatics, probably because of the kickdown function. I looked at both of our automatics to verify this.

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/114/Sedan/USA/2002-M10/LHD/A/1975/february/browse/pedals/accelerator_pedal_rod_assembly/

Bob Napier

the long rod itself that goes down is the same. i am 99.9% sure of that, altough i have many rods, i can tell there was variation over the years. some are bent and some are not.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I have a 1975 BMW 2002 in which the floor under the accelerator pedal has rusted so there is nothing to hold the pedal in place. Do you have a part or any suggestions.

Thanks,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...