• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

clarification on big brake parts.

Turb02

Don't forget the .070" spacers to center the calipers, either.

t

What are these spacers and where do they go?

My local auto store has rebuilt Girling calipers for $50 a piece. i hope to take on this project in the next month. I'm trying to get everything lined up before i start the job. I can say that my current brakes are terrible.

Does anybody sell only the front stainless lines? i have a set for the rear already.

And... i read on the FAQ that running 15" wheels with this set up will eat up wheel bearings. Is that true? I have a set of 15" Panasports on my car. Someday i'd love to swap them with 14" but it will be a LONG time before i do... and safer brakes are more important at this moment in time.

-Josh (non tii struts)

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

• Administrators

My local auto store has rebuilt Girling calipers for $50 a piece. i hope to take on this project in the next month. I'm trying to get everything lined up before i start the job. I can say that my current brakes are terrible.

your local parts store will most likely charge you for cores. Find out that cost.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

your local parts store will most likely charge you for cores. Find out that cost.

steve k.

I bought mine local for $85 a side and just threw a set of crusty 2002 calipers in a cores. I bought for a 1985 245 turbo with vented, if that helps

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Don't forget the .070" spacers to center the calipers, either.

t

What are these spacers and where do they go?

Does anybody sell only the front stainless lines? i have a set for the rear already.

-Josh (non tii struts)

Josh, The intended use of the spacer is to center the caliper in relation to the rotor (looking from the top of a mounted caliper the rotor should sit exactly in the middle of the caliper). If the rotor is off (too far forward or rearward) then the caliper needs to be adjusted. The easiest way to move out the caliper is to put a shim/washer in between the strut ears and caliper ears.

If you swing by Ireland Engineering, I can sell you just the front SS lines (if you so desire).

I believe the bearings get eaten up a little faster with a very low offset wheel more so than with a 15 inch wheel.

Yes. There may be a very small increase in wear since a smaller tire transmits more "shock" than a tall 13" tire, but wheel bearing wear is only going to noticeably increase when driving the hell out of the car or with very low offset wheels. 15x8 et0 will increase your wheel bearing wear, standard 15x6.5 et33 will not increase it noticeably.

3 , 2 5 0 just on " volvo brakes "

look at this =>

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/60/61?cx=partner-pub-2478521489155222%3Aeolm2n-2i1w&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=volvo+brakes&sa=Search&siteurl=www.bmw2002faq.com%252Fcontent%252Fview%252F60%252F61%252F

and

Don't forget the .070" spacers to

center the calipers, either.

What's that in millimeters? = 1.8 mm

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"