• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10 16v

lumbergh17

Wow I like that, I'm assuming that swap is documented? N/A with some itb's would be pretty cool. You should try and replicate the head like the s14, that would really create some questions. Were do you get a 2.3 Lima?

1988 Bmw E30 M50 Turbo

1975 Bmw 2002

Here we go a 3D printer now if we can get plastic heads to live.

Really these things are unbelievable, check out the yellow clutch on the table

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboxMsSz5Aw

You sir just reminded me. Outside the 3D printer lab is a bunch of scaled down intake manifolds, v8 blocks, and cylinder heads on display. I'll try to grab a picture and also talk to whoever made them.

1988 Bmw E30 M50 Turbo

1975 Bmw 2002

The engine is a Merkur XR4Ti engine , the electronics are based on a Thunderbird Super-coupe. I am going to be completing the project , it's a rough around the edges Pig Cheek Driver at the moment. I'm going to start a blog once I have possession & can start into it.

Steve

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

This is as close as I'm going to get my new project (collecting end of Oct ) is a Ford 2.3 Lima Engine with a Volvo 16 Valve head , turbo & injected 200HP with 10 psi who knows with 20psi !!! I drove it it pulls like a train even in 4th (has a 5 speed ) with f'd up a/f ratio of 9.0 (that needs sorting) Folvo engine Cosworth developed head on the Ford block ( Ford owned Volvo at the time )

you sure the turbo is actually spinning for those numbers!

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Toby the 3D printing technology lends itself to prototype of production parts as the software is port-able to Catea or most Cam software. So producing casting patterns for 356-T6 or a billet head from 6061 stock is becoming way easier as this technology matures

maybe i completed it and I want the only one..

I kid I kid. I'm now into the medical field and haven't touched the car or motor or head in over 6+ years.. I've got some time coming up though. Hopefully I can get back to it.

Well if you would please email me at shanek17@me.com, I really want to look into it, see how far you got, but as well I'd like the info just for the research of engine design. I was so confused as to why your thread just dropped off.

1988 Bmw E30 M50 Turbo

1975 Bmw 2002

you sure the turbo is actually spinning for those numbers!

No , the numbers were from the builder, 3-400 HP from these engines in Merkur's & Mustangs seems commonplace !! . I will be dynoing the car when it's finished to get actual numbers.My 02 has twin 45's, 284 cam,(need bigger) Crane ign, stepped header & the performance is nothing compared to the hybrid . I also have a Hemi powered 1932 Ford Roadster so I do have a benchmark on performance. I cannot wait to get my hands on this 2002.

1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Looking at that "Folvo engine", it looks like it is a LOT like the Cosworth YB turbo engine......I am pretty sure same block......and 16V head design must be very similar...

Makes it a lot cheaper than importing a YB from England!!

Would be fun to put in my Cortina GT and put a Cosworth Cam cover on!

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

Very true on the Cosworth link, I have a MkI Cortina Estate car with a Fiat Twin Cam & 5 Speed ,project , sidelined thanks to my 02 addiction .I see I'm not the only Cortina owner on here :) .

Nice, Love the Estates, almost got one of those but thankfully passed on it as it had LOTS of rust......which I would have been way over my head on!

Tough to prioritize between the 2 eh! I was putting all my Cortina money in to getting the 2002 running well again not long ago....back to the Cortina for me though.

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

Just went to the library, picked up an internal combustion handbook by Fred Schafer. 700+ pages of equations and diagrams. It's funny, the library has some very interesting books, except you never see students using them. I think it's pretty obvious my generation is computer/Internet dependent.

1988 Bmw E30 M50 Turbo

1975 Bmw 2002