• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Bumperette delete

jayamasaki

Noob question.

so ive seen rear bumpers with small bumperettes, some with none, and some with a "strap" like piece of metal with bolts, and with out bolts. Can someone school me on the difference ?

I want to delete the big bumperettes i have on mine, in the front and rear. Is there a write up on a DIY conversion ? or is that metal "strap" that wraps around easy to come by and purchase ?

1968 BMW 1600 Chmnx White

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

60% of the time, it works every time!

The "strap" is a cover, stock on all Euro-market cars. The bumper horns on the rear bumper are a US-only thing pretty much. Just order the covers from BMW and shorter bolts.

Do you have a part # or actual name of the straps ?

what size bolts ?

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

be careful here. it was several months ago, but we sent a set out, and the right side was bent wrong. when installed, you could put your finger between the bumper and this cover. cust was pissed. we ordered 3 more, they were all the same. i dont remember what happened finally, because by then we had exhausted the stock here in the us. left side was fine.

Ken Inn

From looking at your signature, you're going to be in for another surprise! There are two types of strips available. The ones for the earlier cars without the black rubber strip are even higher. Go figure.

in that case, I will just stick with my orig bumper-ettes - these strips should cost 20$ apiece dammit. oh well!

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

From looking at your signature, you're going to be in for another surprise! There are two types of strips available. The ones for the earlier cars without the black rubber strip are even higher. Go figure.

in that case, I will just stick with my orig bumper-ettes - these strips should cost 20$ apiece dammit. oh well!

Mine dont have the black rubber, i have a 68' 1600, guess the price just went up. =(

Will look for an alternative. Maybe i'll luck out.

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

In that case, let us know when you make them and have them available!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

In that case, let us know when you make them and have them available!

true, true. supply / demand / price

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

So just take off the bumperettes and replace the carriage bolts with chrome top bolts. It doesn't look all that great close up, but from 15 ft away it doesn't look all that bad. Here are a few pics of the before and after on my cosmetically challenged 02. I chose to install the covers under the rubber strips for practical reasons.

post-18106-13667649644204_thumb.jpg

post-18106-13667649645628_thumb.jpg

post-18106-13667649647565_thumb.jpg

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga