• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000 tilux motor mount

rddts

There's a d/s motor mount here on German ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_nkw=Bmw+1800+2000+gummi&_sacat=0&_dmpt=DE_Autoteile&_odkw=Bmw+Neue+Klasse&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Says only ships within Germany but you can always ask...

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

I have an early style mount with mounting lugs like #15

NKMotorMounts.png

Lightly used (still has the BMW spare part label on it!) It's the last one I have or ever expect to see. $250

I also have a full set of correct Boge shocks, NOS, still in the box, front and rear. $375 for the set complete.

PayPal preferred.

I can be reached at mcmil at prodigy dot net

1962 BMW 700 Cabriolet "The Mighty Cabriolet"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

Hi all, 

I am revitalising this old thread instead of starting a new one as it is on the same topic.

I have an 67 TiLxu and the LH engine mount (early style) is sagging ?. As it replacements are next to impossible to find (yes they pop up from time to time), I am wondering if it is possible to use a late model mount instead? Does anyone know what changed between the two types? What mods are required to make it work etc?

I know this isn't preferable but if my mount completely dies I would like to know what my options are.

Thanks a heap,

I have a repro early type d/s mount that I acquired from Vintage Autobahn a couple years ago. Was hoping it would make a bit less vibration than the repro poly mount I'd bought from IE some years prior. I never switched however because it seemed

to both me and people I showed it to that the VA mount would not be quieter than the IE version.

The original mounts were all rubber and doomed to fail because of the peculiar design. Mine sure did. But it was quiet...

Anyway if you're interested (and if there are no current reproduction  mounts available from suppliers) PM me and I'd be happy to send mine along. Can dig it out of the stash and send pics first.

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

That's cool - I wonder if they're any better than the originals? It's obviously a weak design as BMW quite quickly changed it, but I was never sure if the 3 mounts I've broken were down to old rubber, hooligan driving or just the weak design. Probably a bit of everything.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg