• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have Historic auto insurance??

Concur. American Collectors insures my 1972 Volvo 1800ES

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

I have hysteric(al) insurance...I just added my 18 year old son to our policy. $$$!!!

Look into the collector car insurance, Hagerrty, am collectors, etc... watch what their requirements/restrictions are. Some require a locked garage, some limit the mileage or type of usage.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I have Hagerty and there are few specific usage restrictions, other then the general limitation that the car cannot be used as a daily driver. I specifically asked if there was a mileage limit and they told me there was not. I was told that Hagerty wants people to enjoy their cars as pleasure vehicles (I assume so we'll all go out and by more collector vehicles and insure them with Hagerty). On the other hand, if you get hit in the parking lot of your local 7-11 on Tuesday at midnight on an ice cream/munchie run then, like Lucy, you probably have some 'splainin to do...

Larry

'73 tii

'73 3.0 CS

'23 M2

Yep. I've got Safeco, which is now owned by Liberty Mutual. My policy is mileage limited and the car has to be garaged. The rates are great though, like 1/10 of my DD, and they do agreed value rather than blue book. I did have to give them lots of pix and then they probably looked at ebay to see what 02s or going for.

-Rojo

Make sure you read the fine print... many classic car insurance companies pretty much limit you to car shows, parades, and club events. Also, nearly all of them require you to store the car in a garage. I use AMIG... which is USAA's classic car insurance provider. Safeco is one of the very few that allows you to obtain historic insurance without keeping your car stored in a garage.

Insure your car for an agreed upon value and yearly estimated mileage. Good luck.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst